DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Any idea what that means?
"Improved the interval mode performance"

I would think it's the shooting mode for timelapse and the like (under the settings for the camera, when you can choose the interval sequences for it to shoot picts).
But not sure of that, just a hint.

Here are some examples of d-log before update and after..

Camera settings are the same.. Clearly you can se that new d-log is more vivid and sharpen...

I did the update and went out to try the new D-log but when I powered up it said no SD card. I have forgotten before so just thought it was still in the computer. When I had packed up I opened the flap to check and the SD card was in there. I took it out and put back in and now it recognises it. I think maybe as I did the firmware update with the card in it needed to be removed and re-inserted for the new firmware to recognise it. Just a word of warning, if you update firmware maybe do it with the SD card out or just pop it out before flying with new firmware.

Upside was that as I couldn't do any filming did the whole session in sports mode, what a blast.

Also found out that if you export your flight in Healthy Drones and then import to Google earth you can see a 3D view of your flight, fascinating.
coombe.png

Reactions: ___ and Slantnose79
I keep getting a "calibrate" screen on the iPhone .. w. the circle of dots .. even while I'm flying, which is a real pain. Anyone else have this problem. Only w. latest firmware ...

After a few more flights with the update, here is what I'm noticing. Loss of distance. I mean signifigant. I had a nasty return to home at 5000 feet today and I was previously flying well over double that distance from the same location. Flew in some different areas and noticed weakened reception everywhere. When pressing full forward throttle from a hover, Mavic almost always just inches forward for a few seconds then the nose drops and it takes off. This has me very nervous. And finally I still can't get the green focus box off of the screen.

I have none of these issues after f/w update.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I did the update and went out to try the new D-log but when I powered up it said no SD card. I have forgotten before so just thought it was still in the computer. When I had packed up I opened the flap to check and the SD card was in there. I took it out and put back in and now it recognises it. I think maybe as I did the firmware update with the card in it needed to be removed and re-inserted for the new firmware to recognise it. Just a word of warning, if you update firmware maybe do it with the SD card out or just pop it out before flying with new firmware.

Upside was that as I couldn't do any filming did the whole session in sports mode, what a blast.

Also found out that if you export your flight in Healthy Drones and then import to Google earth you can see a 3D view of your flight, fascinating.
View attachment 6643

That's cool!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Good evening.

Did someone notice overall distance reduction with new firmware?

Good evening.

Hmmm , interesting . I've flown further without loss of a signal bar than before . I had lost one bar of radio and video signal at 5000 feet before the update but have gone past that and even out to 7700 feet and still had full signals after the update.

Reactions: Slantnose79
I have not updated up today , and i am asking because i have seen some posts and reports regarding weaker distance performance with new firmware

Reactions: canabuc
I have not updated up today , and i am asking because i have seen some posts and reports regarding weaker distance performance with new firmware
you can upgrade to check for yourself and if not happy with what you 'll get, you can always go back by downgrading.

I updated last week and have had a couple of very successful flights since. Certainly seeing no decrease in range.

I wanted to put out a thought, as to why some are seeing considerable reductions in range and others are not. Could different countries be installing different versions of the firmware updates? I'm from the UK and my Mavic range hasn't decreased. Could it be only those installing the firmware update in America who are having their range diminished?

Just a wacky theory to throw out for discussion.

I updated last week and have had a couple of very successful flights since. Certainly seeing no decrease in range.

I wanted to put out a thought, as to why some are seeing considerable reductions in range and others are not. Could different countries be installing different versions of the firmware updates? I'm from the UK and my Mavic range hasn't decreased. Could it be only those installing the firmware update in America who are having their range diminished?

Just a wacky theory to throw out for discussion.

I am wondering if it has something to do with what firmware version you are starting from. Mine came with .300 already installed. I know there are some people on here that still had .200 and never saw .300. It's just a theory, but maybe the distance reduction is from the .200 to .300 version. Someone on .300 would therefore never see a change going to .400.

Just came from flite distance test.. no droping signal at all during whole flite.. i was made 4400 meters, total flight was 9000 meters..
2fe9decc783e28fb664cda82e72de937.jpg

..be fRee and fLy..

Mine was shipped with v01.02.0900, received it early December 2016. I updated to .400 last Friday, yesterday I flew one battery certainly I see no decrease in range. One thing for sure, the update made mine run a bit smoother and it greatly reduced a gimbal twitch. It is still there but it is hardly noticeable. I was getting ready to contact DJI to send it in and risk to receive a refurbished unit.
It also got rid of the annoying "Excessive Wind" or "High wind condition" message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathan Hoover
Good evening.

Yes, I over a 50% reduction in range since I upgraded. I have tried multiple flight locations that I know have low interference and are very flat and open. I'm very disappointed. I have seen many other reports of loss of distance. Example my old spot would easily go 15,000 feet now I can barely reach 5,000 under the exact same conditions. Something was telling me not to upgrade, I should have listened.

I tried 2 distance flights in different places (but I hadn't tested in either before). One was to 10,500' and it worked fine. The other was to 11,100' and I lost FPV and used RTH to get back no problem. But I still am waiting for non rainy weather to go try my nice quiet area where I went over 20,000' before with no loss of signal.

Worth mentioning there's a link in the description of that video that takes you to a free Ground Control LUT you can use when using the new DLOG (-1,-3,-3):

Free LUTs for Mavic Pro D-Log and Art

Thumbswayup

I had commented on the video itself but I'll say here as well - as someone very new to this, aren't the -3 values a bit extreme? Everywhere I read recommends -1 across the board...?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000