DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

I don't typically shoot so far away. Just need to understand the capabilities of the system in order to fly safely.

Reactions: halley
aren't the -3 values a bit extreme

That was the early advice from a lot of people reviewing the brand new Mavic, without a shred of math to back up the advice. Everyone has their preferences. To me, I agree with you, it's throwing away way too much data.

The point of a camera is to capture the scene as much as it can, with the most accurate data available; then you post-process if you want to enhance or alter for artistic reasons. If you throw out all the sharpness, anything you add back in post is a guess. If you throw out all the contrast, restored levels are quantized. If you throw out all the saturation, graded hues are quantized.

I had commented on the video itself but I'll say here as well - as someone very new to this, aren't the -3 values a bit extreme? Everywhere I read recommends -1 across the board...?
Those settings are there to change so you can set them according to your personal preference.
There is no setting that is good for everyone - if it was, DJI would have made these the defaults.
It makes sense that you find try yourself using the different recommendations maybe as a starting point.

Those settings are there to change so you can set them according to your personal preference.
There is no setting that is good for everyone - if it was, DJI would have made these the defaults.
It makes sense that you find try yourself using the different recommendations maybe as a starting point.

Exactly . Some one that flies in Florida or the desert will need to change different settings to some one that flies in snow where it is so bright etc . DJi doesn't know where that drone is going to after it is set at the factory . You need to find out what's best for you .

Reactions: _milo_
That was the early advice from a lot of people reviewing the brand new Mavic, without a shred of math to back up the advice. Everyone has their preferences. To me, I agree with you, it's throwing away way too much data.

The point of a camera is to capture the scene as much as it can, with the most accurate data available; then you post-process if you want to enhance or alter for artistic reasons. If you throw out all the sharpness, anything you add back in post is a guess. If you throw out all the contrast, restored levels are quantized. If you throw out all the saturation, graded hues are quantized.
I think it's all about choosing where you have a feel for being creative. People who want to play in the color space go with those settings cause it gives them more flexibility in post. Me, I'm with you. I want as accurate as possible and it's the editing that I have a sense for. Give me DLOG and tell me to color grade it and it's like flying in the dark. So, if you want to play with color, go with the aggressive negative settings, for everyone else, stick with normal.

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: halley
Yes, I over a 50% reduction in range since I upgraded. I have tried multiple flight locations that I know have low interference and are very flat and open. I'm very disappointed. I have seen many other reports of loss of distance. Example my old spot would easily go 15,000 feet now I can barely reach 5,000 under the exact same conditions. Something was telling me not to upgrade, I should have listened.

Can you try and downgrade your firmware and test again please!?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Nathan Hoover
For everyone who is stuck on 73% in Android app or 55% in DJI Assistant - simply restart ONLY the mavic without touching the controller or mobile. The upgrade process will continue (with a little bit longer on 86%) I had the exact same problem like you - I did 50 upgrades unless I decided to simply restart ONLY the mavic on 55% (or 73 if using android)

I was able to find the log. I was referring to the one that tells me why it fails over and over.

At this point, I have no choice but to stay with 1.3.0. It simply will not upload. I counted the fails in the log, and it is 52. I've tried to update over 50 times, using multiple machines, ipads, iphones, PC, macbook pro, imac, cords, batteries, versions.

I've used go live, re-installed, i've done it at home, in a car, in a field

I've used assistant, I've done each individually.

I've tried different SD cards, I've formatted them on a computer, on a mac, on the app. I've done refresh firmware,

notta. ha ha

so standard picture profile on last firmware? I was reading dlog isn't ideal on older firmware?

so standard picture profile on last firmware? I was reading dlog isn't ideal on older firmware?

I'm not concerned about DLog, more about stability with hovering inside a room and overall performance in all flight envoples. . Newest firmware will cause Mavic to drift and hit walls, never had problem with that on the .200

For example, on 400, when the camera is facing you, if hovering in an average size bedroom, over my bed, when I walk around it will "chase me" and then start randomly drifting around for no reason even when only using controller and no app and no smart mode, and hence many times almost got into crash (literally an inch or two from the wall about to hit the props) but in older version of the FW, Mavic stays in place without issue, exact same conditions, lighting, etc.

The OA is also way more sensitive and glitching at that, making the sun issue a bigger problem than even before, causing RTH runaways for those that are not aware how to recover from it.

Also, the distance is reduced in half. can't do long ranges anymore

Reactions: twitchyzero
Can you try and downgrade your firmware and test again please!?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yes, I will downgrade the software tonight. I have never done this on the Mavic. For those that have, is this a straightforward thing or is there anything I should know before I begin? Tomorrow I will run some test flights, weather permitting, and report back.

Yes, I will downgrade the software tonight. I have never done this on the Mavic. For those that have, is this a straightforward thing or is there anything I should know before I begin? Tomorrow I will run some test flights, weather permitting, and report back.

Make sure to use the DJI assistant exe on the Windows instead, and downgrade the controller and batteries too.

not to mention, if possible, format/wipe your tablet and put in airplane mode, install the the previous version of the DJI go app as apk without connecting to any network, just to make sure it ddin't "remember" something from before.

Make sure to use the DJI assistant exe on the Windows instead, and downgrade the controller and batteries too.

not to mention, if possible, format/wipe your tablet and put in airplane mode, install the the previous version of the DJI go app as apk without connecting to any network, just to make sure it ddin't "remember" something from before.

I hope I'm not asking for trouble here...

hi guys,

i have a problem with my birds new firmware, or with my bird (i dont know yet). after i upgraded my mavic to the 01.03.0400 FW, i have a message all the time when i switch on the system (mavic with sony xperia z5 - android7): inconsistent firmware found... i upgraded after this message always (was complete always), but when i restarted the system, the message came back. all the time. i'm a bit annoyed because this thing. i upgraded it a lot of times, but nothing changed. below you can see the screenshots what i mean. somebody has same issue? (yes, i have mavic pro, but this FW phantom4 / vision sensors, and run to complete always. i did not understand anything)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170225-094059.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094059.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20170225-094110.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094110.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20170225-094117.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094117.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20170225-094526.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094526.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 50
hi guys,

i have a problem with my birds new firmware, or with my bird (i dont know yet). after i upgraded my mavic to the 01.03.0400 FW, i have a message all the time when i switch on the system (mavic with sony xperia z5 - android7): inconsistent firmware found... i upgraded after this message always (was complete always), but when i restarted the system, the message came back. all the time. i'm a bit annoyed because this thing. i upgraded it a lot of times, but nothing changed. below you can see the screenshots what i mean. somebody has same issue? (yes, i have mavic pro, but this FW phantom4 / vision sensors, and run to complete always. i did not understand anything)
Try updating with DJI Assistant 2 instead from PC/MAC, both the Mavic and the controller, one at a time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000