DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Try updating with DJI Assistant 2 instead from PC/MAC, both the Mavic and the controller, one at a time.

thank you! i will try it. yesterday i upgraded separetly the bird and the RC. when it finished, i checked the upgrade list, and the 0400 FW was there with "upgrade" button again. it is not wrote "current version". it's normal?

Wondering what would happen if the updates ever get so big that they take longer than 27 Minutes which is the life of the battery. Hopefully they factor that in and you can quit to swap batteries and it will carry on from where it left off.

last week i tried to upgrade my mavic with go4 app. that was 1.5 hour (!). the RC beeping in the last minutes (10%) and the mavic battery was on 8%. it was very exciting :D

Since the update I see higher minor error rates within my logs on HealthyDrones.com for the same airfield, they almost have doubled and go up to more than 100. No ones berlow 10 anymore. The airfield is far away from any buildings or power lines.

Since the update I see higher minor error rates within my logs on HealthyDrones.com for the same airfield, they almost have doubled and go up to more than 100. No ones berlow 10 anymore. The airfield is far away from any buildings or power lines.

I would try a firmware refresh, on the Mavic, and Controller through Assistant 2.

I also remember someone who had issues after upgrading an Inspire 2, he went into the HD settings, made some changes, and magically it was back to working well, regardless of what changes he made, even going back to settings that were originally in place, had a good connection. I would try playing with the HD settings, try manual or narrower bandwidth.

My update through assistant 2 went very quickly with no hang ups. I wonder what's causing some people to have such long hang ups?

thank you! i will try it. yesterday i upgraded separetly the bird and the RC. when it finished, i checked the upgrade list, and the 0400 FW was there with "upgrade" button again. it is not wrote "current version". it's normal?
Not sure if it is normal, however, I see the same thing - I originally upgraded using the GO4 App (which took maybe 25 minutes or so) and ended up doing the update again on the Mavic through the DJI Assistant 2 app, which took much less time to complete. It should give you the option to refresh your firmware as opposed to "upgrading", however, maybe it's just a bug in the program. Running the update again didn't seem to cause any issues with my Mavic Pro

Not sure if it is normal, however, I see the same thing - I originally upgraded using the GO4 App (which took maybe 25 minutes or so) and ended up doing the update again on the Mavic through the DJI Assistant 2 app, which took much less time to complete. It should give you the option to refresh your firmware as opposed to "upgrading", however, maybe it's just a bug in the program. Running the update again didn't seem to cause any issues with my Mavic Pro

thank you for your answer!

i think the best way, if i downgrade to 0200 FW or to the 0000 and after i will upgrading to the 0400 in assistant 2. i tried a lot upgrade my mavic with the go4 app (once it was 1.5 hour), but after the upgrade i always received a message in the app: "inconsistent firmware found" and the app start upgrading VISION SENSOR under Phantom 4 01.03.0400 sign. look at the pictures. so i don't understand what happen. maybe i have a phantom 4 in Mavic costume :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170225-094059.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094059.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20170225-094110.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094110.png
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20170225-094117.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094117.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170225-094526.png
    Screenshot_20170225-094526.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Try updating with DJI Assistant 2 instead from PC/MAC, both the Mavic and the controller, one at a time.

hi pitchmagic,

what do you think, if i down or upgrade my mavic and controller each other, i have use usb cable for connect each other the birds and the controller?

hi pitchmagic,

what do you think, if i down or upgrade my mavic each other, i have use usb cable for connect each other the birds and the controller?

Hi, use the short cable that came with the mavic. Do the mavic first and downgrade/upgrade then the controller. Do not forget to restart both! GLHF!

Hi, use the short cable that came with the mavic. Do the mavic first and downgrade/upgrade then the controller. Do not forget to restart both! GLHF!

so i have to plug the controller to PC, after with the other cable the controller to the mavic. after i switch on the controller and the bird, and start the assistant 2. i downgrade the mavic first, after the controller. and same in the upgrade method. i understand it well?

thanks,
the real forrest gump :)

ps: i didn't understand GLHF :(

so i have to plug the controller to PC, after with the other cable the controller to the mavic. after i switch on the controller and the bird, and start the assistant 2. i downgrade the mavic first, after the controller. and same in the upgrade method. i understand it well?

thanks,
the real forrest gump :)

ps: i didn't understand GLHF :(

Do mavic first, cable from mavic to pc. Turn on mavic, start dji assistant 2(log in to assistant) then do the downgrade.

When done, do the same with the controller!

Good Luck Have Fun! :)

Reactions: GBDW
Do mavic first, cable from mavic to pc. Turn on mavic, start dji assistant 2(log in to assistant) then do the downgrade.

aaaaa.. :) ok, i understand yet the GLHF.

before i upgraded the bird and controller separately . first the mavic, after the the controller. but after the upgrade i have always the message in the go4 app: inconsistent firmware found. i thiked, now i try to upgrade together the mavic and controller.

i told you, i'm a forrest gump :D

Last edited:

i stuck in the transmitting 88% 40 minutes ago :mad:

UPDATE: i checked it the firmwares in the dji go4 app after i stuck in the transmitting section in the downgrade (to 0200FW) process, and i so the mavic has 0200FW. but how? okay, i wanted downgrade to 0200FW, but the bird stuck in the transmitting part of the downgrade process, and seemingly don't finish the downgrade. i think i have to change my mavic to a child scooter ;)

now i will try to upgrade to 0400FW again. and after i don't care the "inconsistent firmware found message.

Attachments

• upgr2.jpg
    upgr2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This FW is a mess...

Not really. It worked fine for me and most people here. Sure it screwed up for some but it always does. This seems no worse or better than any other update. I've been doing DJI firmware updates for over 3 years now on many drones and it's always like this. There are too many variables for DJI to cope.

Not really. It worked fine for me and most people here. Sure it screwed up for some but it always does. This seems no worse or better than any other update. I've been doing DJI firmware updates for over 3 years now on many drones and it's always like this. There are too many variables for DJI to cope.
Alright i might try to upgrade then. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00