DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

Haven't seen it mentioned much but advanced camera settings that I used to have attached to C2 won't work unless I go into the settings for each flight and select it, even though it's already showing up as the default action for it

I've done over 40 flights now with everything perfect including camera focus,, no jello and very stable hover,,, love it. The only thing different after upgrading all software is that the precision landing doesn't work any more. It used to be within 200mm but now it misses up to a metre. Regardless of whether I initially hover after take off between 6 to 10 metres for a while. Something I can live with.

I've done over 40 flights now with everything perfect including camera focus,, no jello and very stable hover,,, love it. The only thing different after upgrading all software is that the precision landing doesn't work any more. It used to be within 200mm but now it misses up to a metre. Regardless of whether I initially hover after take off between 6 to 10 metres for a while. Something I can live with.

Really? I was going to show my dad how cool it was to land exactly where it left off.

Perhaps you need to recalibrate your downward sensors? also do you have a special mat for it to track?

what about if you use auto take off? i am keen to hear your results before I updated.

I've never actually used auto take off, might test that tomorrow. I use a flatterned beer carton on my gravel driveway. 5 more flights today and the landing was much more accurate.

Really? I was going to show my dad how cool it was to land exactly where it left off.

Perhaps you need to recalibrate your downward sensors? also do you have a special mat for it to track?

what about if you use auto take off? i am keen to hear your results before I updated.

Having something special for the camera to "see" is a good idea . My precision landing is working fine . I usually land it myself but the couple times I let it land this week it was spot on . I always lay something around where it takes off from like a small tree limb , a couple small rocks to the side etc and it always lands right where it took off from .

Also do not let yourself be in the picture or anything else that might not be there when it comes back .

Yes that's annoying - tried all options like holding button in but it doesn't do anyting despite a message popping up on screen that you enabled ISO on right wheel.

I'm on ios and it works like a charm for me, finally having that real flying camera with slr like controls.

I know internet is slow but the download has been going on for over 30 minutes. It went right thru to 100% fairly quickly but sitting at 100% with arrows flowing into a folder. Does anyone know why its sitting at 100% for so long and maybe what is it doing? Thanks

I know internet is slow but the download has been going on for over 30 minutes. It went right thru to 100% fairly quickly but sitting at 100% with arrows flowing into a folder. Does anyone know why its sitting at 100% for so long and maybe what is it doing? Thanks
You probably have to tap somewhere to proceed with the actual install.

Mine stopped at 99%. I let it sit until finally the RC low batt alarm went off, so I closed the app. The advice I received was the final phase of the update is to restart everything. The MP has worked fine since the restart. Good luck

Reactions: DroneMann
Having something special for the camera to "see" is a good idea . My precision landing is working fine . I usually land it myself but the couple times I let it land this week it was spot on . I always lay something around where it takes off from like a small tree limb , a couple small rocks to the side etc and it always lands right where it took off from .

Also do not let yourself be in the picture or anything else that might not be there when it comes back .

I have an awesome landing pad which is lands exactly where it left off :)

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Landing Pad Helipad Foldable Waterproof Portable for DJI Phantom 4 3 Mavic Pro | eBay

My apologies if this has been addressed in this thread. I've updated to Version 1.03.0500 (several times). But when the Go App connects to the Mavic it always says that the firmware needs to be updated. It usually takes about 2 minutes before it lets me continue. At some point after that it no longer says the firmware needs to be updated. I'm running Android Go 3.1.3. Has anybody else had this problem?

Android DJI Go 3.x is outdated for the Mavic, Install DJI Go 4.x
Thanks, didn't know that . Last time I tried Go 4.x said use DJI Go 3.x. But, the current 4.x works now.

Since my post I tried using the iOS DJI Go 3.x and it told me I needed an firmware update. I let it update the firmware to Version 1.03.0500 (again). Seems that fixed it since neither the Android 3.x or 4.x are saying the firmware needs to be upgraded

Hi everyone !
I just arrived in the Mavic community Saturday... starting to learn how to use my Mavic :)
I tried to upgrade the firmware before first starting it, followed al the instructions from the DJI video about it and the upgrade stay bolcked at 73 %, then as it does not evolve the software tells that the upgrade failed and that i should restart the mavic and the stuff to use them normaly.
I use an LG G5, android 7...
Just to inform the forum and see if someone has a solution, anyway i think i can use it like this and try to make it fly today !!!! :))))
Thanks.

Use DJI Assistant instead your phone.

Thanks ! I have connected the mavic directly to the computer with DJI assistant, but it still fail...
The software tells that there is some incompatibility with some modules...???

So i have two different vesrions on the remote and on the Mavic !
Should i come back to the factory settings ?

I am a bit worried about the failing upgrade...
Thanks for your help.

On the PC go to device manager Plug the cable connected to the remote control or the mavic to see wich driver the system is using. Remove the driver. Probably you'll see an exclamation mark on it.
unplug an Plug again one of the devices and see if the driver appears without errors.

If nothing appears, check to see hardware changes on top of device manager.

See if the drivers appears without errors

I also strongly sugest, if you can, to do the update on another pc,

Sometimes there are some issues around the updates. Dont give up there's always a solution.

If you can't solve the problem talk to DJI.

In case of an anomalie they'll fix it

How will I know when I need a firmware upgrade? Will the DJI Go App alert me automatically when I power on the drone?

How will I know when I need a firmware upgrade? Will the DJI Go App alert me automatically when I power on the drone?
For me the Remote connected to the drone with my phone connected to the remote and to the wifi verified if there was an update to the firmware, then the remote check the updates and tells you if you need an update...
As often maybe it is better to wait one or two weeks if everithing works fine for you before to upgrade just to see if the upgrade has some unknown problems...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929