DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0500

On the PC go to device manager Plug the cable connected to the remote control or the mavic to see wich driver the system is using. Remove the driver. Probably you'll see an exclamation mark on it.
unplug an Plug again one of the devices and see if the driver appears without errors.

If nothing appears, check to see hardware changes on top of device manager.

See if the drivers appears without errors

I also strongly sugest, if you can, to do the update on another pc,

Sometimes there are some issues around the updates. Dont give up there's always a solution.

If you can't solve the problem talk to DJI.

In case of an anomalie they'll fix it

Thanks a lot for your help and espacially with DJI assistant software !

How to use DJI Assistant software :

In fact I succeeded to update the firmware for the remote by connecting it directly to the computer yesterday night, then i tried to update with the DJI GO application that failed and the with the Mavic directly connected to the computer but it failed, as i connected it the software told me that i had "firmware incompatibiliy detected between some modules and current device"...

I tried to update a few times like this directly for the .0500 version of the update and it always failed...

This morning i had the same issue about the message but i did try to update first for the .0400 version of the update... and it succeed !

Then i stopped the mavic and tried to update again with the DJI assistant software, no more message about firmware incompatibility !

i did the update to the .0500 version and succeed !

Thanks again for the Help Pierce ! hope that it coud help someone else...Fly safe !

Reactions: pierce
Thanks a lot for your help and espacially with DJI assistant software !

How to use DJI Assistant software :

In fact I succeeded to update the firmware for the remote by connecting it directly to the computer yesterday night, then i tried to update with the DJI GO application that failed and the with the Mavic directly connected to the computer but it failed, as i connected it the software told me that i had "firmware incompatibiliy detected between some modules and current device"...

I tried to update a few times like this directly for the .0500 version of the update and it always failed...

This morning i had the same issue about the message but i did try to update first for the .0400 version of the update... and it succeed !

Then i stopped the mavic and tried to update again with the DJI assistant software, no more message about firmware incompatibility !

i did the update to the .0500 version and succeed !

Thanks again for the Help Pierce ! hope that it coud help someone else...Fly safe !

I'm happy if i could provide some help. Fly safe!

Reactions: Robbyg
So... since updating to .0500, my Mavic doesn't have the same rock-steady hover as before. Now it sloowly drifts up, or down, when hovering, as well as slightly (almost a foot) back and forth horizontally. Before it did none of those things.

I've tried calibrating the IMU (props on, then props off) on a surface I checked with a bubble level after leaving it in 35 degree F cold beforehand, then calibrating the compass wearing no more metal than the zipper in my jeans.
I've done this multiple times, especially after reading that this fixed someone else's hover issues. It still has this annoying hover-drift.
The VPS and all related settings are on. I've even turned them off and on again.

I turn on and launch my Mavic in the shade of my chimney with the sun still relatively high in the sky, as far as lighting conditions.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?
I'm wracking my brain here, wondering how to bring back the sheer steadiness of hover that I know is possible thanks to seeing it myself on firmware .0200.

So... since updating to .0500, my Mavic doesn't have the same rock-steady hover as before. Now it sloowly drifts up, or down, when hovering, as well as slightly (almost a foot) back and forth horizontally. Before it did none of those things.

I've tried calibrating the IMU (props on, then props off) on a surface I checked with a bubble level after leaving it in 35 degree F cold beforehand, then calibrating the compass wearing no more metal than the zipper in my jeans.
I've done this multiple times, especially after reading that this fixed someone else's hover issues. It still has this annoying hover-drift.
The VPS and all related settings are on. I've even turned them off and on again.

I turn on and launch my Mavic in the shade of my chimney with the sun still relatively high in the sky, as far as lighting conditions.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?
I'm wracking my brain here, wondering how to bring back the sheer steadiness of hover that I know is possible thanks to seeing it myself on firmware .0200.
I certainly give a try to lhe prior version to be certain that there is no hardware fault

Seems to be just about time to try that prior firmware version. Maybe tonight I can give it a shot.

Thanks ! I have connected the mavic directly to the computer with DJI assistant, but it still fail...
The software tells that there is some incompatibility with some modules...???

So i have two different vesrions on the remote and on the Mavic !
Should i come back to the factory settings ?

I am a bit worried about the failing upgrade...
Thanks for your help.

Just keep on upgrading when it fails.me, it took 10 failed upgrades before it succeed :)

Thanks ! I have connected the mavic directly to the computer with DJI assistant, but it still fail...
The software tells that there is some incompatibility with some modules...???

So i have two different vesrions on the remote and on the Mavic !
Should i come back to the factory settings ?

I am a bit worried about the failing upgrade...
Thanks for your help.

Just keep on upgrading when it fails.me, it took 10 failed upgrades before it succeed :)

I know internet is slow but the download has been going on for over 30 minutes. It went right thru to 100% fairly quickly but sitting at 100% with arrows flowing into a folder. Does anyone know why its sitting at 100% for so long and maybe what is it doing? Thanks

NOTE TO AUTOPILOT USERS

Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but I was checking the Autopilot web site to see if there was any updated information regarding the problems with Firmware 1.03.0500 and came across this:

We recently confirmed an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro v 01.03.0500, Inspire 2 v 01.0.0240, and Phantom 4 Pro v 01.03.0418. Because of this issue we have released build 66 (beta) and 67 (app release) that restricts flights from the affected aircrafts and their firmware. Below is a list of firmware versions that are restricted from flight with Hangar 360:

Mavic Firmware: 01.03.0400, 01.03.0500
P4 Pro Firmware: 01.03.0418
Inspire 2: All of them

We will release a build that will enable flight again with these aircrafts once the DJI firmware issue has been resolved.

I just downgraded my Firmware back to .0400 so I could use Autopilot again and now I see that apparently the issue is not just from the .0500 firmware but from the .0400 firmware as well. And (like Litchi implied), this is an issue with the Firmware that changes to the Autopliot software can't fix.

Marvelous!

What confidence do I have the DJI will work quickly to fix an issue with 3rd party software? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Reactions: Mr Spock
I just received my Mavic, and have been speaking to DJI (Flysafe Team), who have advised me NOT to upgrade to 0500 because they cannot unlock restricted areas (which I need and have authority for). Does anyone have more info on why this is so, and would you think that moving forward, DJI WILL have the ability to unlock these zone?

They were not very forthcoming on information about it, just "Not to do it if you want to unlock areas"

Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22