DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Version sub-boards please

FLJeff

Reactions
I think this board needs a new sub-board(s) - strictly for those who refuse for whatever reason to update their firmware to the current version. Why? Because these posts about mavics flying away, doing crazy things, no one ever says what version of the firmware they are on and these forums while useful and informative can also be scary to a new flyer like myself when I read about all the crazy happenings and then I find out 4 messages later they are on .400 or .550 or .700 - these don't matter to me and I don't like reading about issues people are having with their drones on old versions of the firmware. I am very interested in things that happen on the current firmware or the immediate previous version, ie: .900 or .800 but anything else and the first thing that pops into my head is this doesn't apply to me and why didn't they update to the latest version, but in the meantime I've gotten more nervous about something happening to my mavic if I go out flying. I don't care for that. I don't know how you would subdivide, maybe a new forum for each firmware version people are stuck on like for .400 but.. as a matter of everyday reading I really don't care about problems with older versions, if it flies away on v .400 in my opinion it's your own fault, and it doesn't apply to me. Just my opinion but to be honest if I keep reading about bs that happens with older versions I am going to limit my participation here. Thx

Reactions: Yannie
I think this board needs a new sub-board(s) - strictly for those who refuse for whatever reason to update their firmware to the current version. Why? Because these posts about mavics flying away, doing crazy things, no one ever says what version of the firmware they are on and these forums while useful and informative can also be scary to a new flyer like myself when I read about all the crazy happenings and then I find out 4 messages later they are on .400 or .550 or .700 - these don't matter to me and I don't like reading about issues people are having with their drones on old versions of the firmware. I am very interested in things that happen on the current firmware or the immediate previous version, ie: .900 or .800 but anything else and the first thing that pops into my head is this doesn't apply to me and why didn't they update to the latest version, but in the meantime I've gotten more nervous about something happening to my mavic if I go out flying. I don't care for that. I don't know how you would subdivide, maybe a new forum for each firmware version people are stuck on like for .400 but.. as a matter of everyday reading I really don't care about problems with older versions, if it flies away on v .400 in my opinion it's your own fault, and it doesn't apply to me. Just my opinion but to be honest if I keep reading about bs that happens with older versions I am going to limit my participation here. Thx
I also think this would be a good way to get rid of some clutter and allow people with issues about their specific firmware version to go and find everything in one place. Seconded!

Afraid it would only add more clutter and don't see it happening .
This would be something you took up with one of the Admin's in
a message but go ahead and talk about it if you like .
To start with lots wouldn't take the time to search for what you ask for
and just post . If you knew how much stuff had to be moved now with the sub-forums we already have to try and keep it organised it
would boggle your mind .
Just saying :)

can also be scary to a new flyer like myself when I read about all the crazy happenings
For me I don't mind the craziness, if it helps me be more cautious. I thought I was, then I was out the other day doing a strafe shot of some machinery, straight line left to right, and once that was done I said to myself 'wouldn't it be better if I made a half circle instead?', so I went ahead with that, and 5 seconds in suddenly the obstacle sensor went mad, because going sideways I came a few inches from a power pole.

Just search for the firmware version that interest you.
They are usually the longest of threads with all the info you need.
Works for me.:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest