DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight and edit - Seal Beach

What a great place to have your first flight! Nice video. Thanks for sharing it.
The first pointer I got (and I'll pass it along to you) is try to make your cuts sync with a beat in your soundtrack.
I usually look at the footage I've shot and then find a song that fits the mood. You found a pretty good match here.
Then I put the soundtrack down first and time the video cuts to the beats. It helps the video flow a bit more naturally.
Keep posting. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

What software are you using?

What a great place to have your first flight! Nice video. Thanks for sharing it.
The first pointer I got (and I'll pass it along to you) is try to make your cuts sync with a beat in your soundtrack.
I usually look at the footage I've shot and then find a song that fits the mood. You found a pretty good match here.
Then I put the soundtrack down first and time the video cuts to the beats. It helps the video flow a bit more naturally.
Keep posting. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

What software are you using?
I bought FCPx and watched YouTube tuts

I use the same editor. Tutorials are a good helper too. Keep flying and keep editing. I'm looking forward to more of that pier. Consider documenting the progress of the construction at the end of the pier.

The pier burned down last year and they are slowly rebuilding it. It's one of the only wooden piers left in the orange county area. Its my local beach so you might see more footage here. :)

Lovely place, great first time attempt . like the gentleman above stated, once you have synched your beats to cut scenes it will be flawless !! Cant wait to see the rest of the bridge being re-built.

The pier burned down last year and they are slowly rebuilding it. It's one of the only wooden piers left in the orange county area. Its my local beach so you might see more footage here. :)
It sounds like a perfect opportunity for aerial documentation.
The city historical society might even want that done.
I now look to you to elevate our hobby! :)

I was wondering about the pier. been a long time since I've been there. my grandmother lives at leisure world. nice video.

Wow, looks beautiful, never been to Seal Beach, but have been to Huntington Beach, which is always way more crowded.

I was wondering about the pier. been a long time since I've been there. my grandmother lives at leisure world. nice video.
go visit you grandma and pm me when you're done and ill take you to some killer spots

i shot this near seal beach with a ph3

go visit you grandma and pm me when you're done and ill take you to some killer spots

I'd love to. Getting there is the problem. We live in North Carolina now. Used to live in Roseville, CA. we usually see her in Turlock during the holidays where the rest of my family is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke