DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first flight, battery error & no connection issue

mig

Reactions
So I finally had a chance to take my mavic out for its maiden voyage today. temp was a little chilly, couple degrees below freezing however i kept it inside until right before flight. First try, motors started and idled but then got a battery error and no connection error. I traded batteries, which the spares were inside and warm. That flight seemed good... about 15 mins just low level flight getting a feel for the controller etc.... my hands were getting cold so I went in to warm up.. about 15 mins later I switched to my third battery and went outside to go again... got another battery error, then all seemed ok.. fly up for a few mins... then battery error then no connection.. then mavic did a RTH automatically... yellow tail light was flashing. I am new to this an this scared me a bit but I need to figure out if its my error or something else.
Yes i do wait for good satellite connection and ready to fly before takeoff.
I dont know how to upload my flight logs but can maybe do that if that would help.
I did a search and see this is a common issue but no consistent fix or reason.

Everything up to date with firmware ? What version are you on ?

And did you update all of your batteries ?

i reloaded all 3 batteries and turned everything on to see if anything would do automatic updates.. no update notices for any of them. app 3.1.1 version 01.03.0200 RC 01.03.0200. I uploaded a few flight logs below. forgive me if something is incorrect... I'm still learning. Also I'm using samsung galaxy s7edge if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[13-14-26][1].txt
    145.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[12-51-17][1].txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[13-10-40][1].txt
    468.8 KB · Views: 1
Each battery will need an update. If it does not prompt u then hit the DJI icon at top left of screen and it will take u back to the connect aircraft screen where it should ask u to update the battery. Do this for each battery.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

ok so I tried to see if batteries needed to be updated at the DJI go app an none stated update was required. So I can see when I hold down the tutorial button that my RC and AC firmware are matched version however I cannot see any info on the batteries. How can I check that the batteries are the same version of firmware? Starting to wish I had of bought the DJI refresh. Also tonite, with the one battery all I would get is 'no connection' on the screen. switched batteries and it does connect. I maybe should have posted this tread to the Mavic pro Help forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa