DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight with iPad Mini 4 today...

It does a good job of holding the iPad securely, but makes control tricky as it partially obscures the remote.
I use this holder I found on Etsy. It doesn't obscure the remote and is relatively light/3D printed. Holds my iPad mini 4 or my Android Nexus 7 securely. I can also use the sunshade I got on Amazon with it.

Amazon.com: Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (7.9 inch, Black): Automotive

DJI Mavic and Spark 7-8" Tablet adapter

Reactions: Peregrine
Today was the first outing of my new iPad Mini 4. Wow!! What a step up from using the Samsung S6! For the first time, I was able to conduct a flight and see all of the ground details nicely laid out beneath the Mavic. Consequently, I don't feel that I wasted many opportunities. It was also nice to have the extra image options that IOS allows. And to have a screen that is big enough to not seem cluttered with icons and info is a dream.

Previously, using the Sammy, I always struggled to try to determine clearance distances to objects, and my height over the terrain. And would always come home and review the footage, and then kick myself as I saw all of the missed opportunities that weren't apparent from the video feed on the phone. Happy to say that those days have gone.

The only slight fly in the ointment, is that I have one of the newer remote controls, that doesn't accommodate the iPad. So I had to purchase a 3D-Print solution of ebay. It does a good job of holding the iPad securely, but makes control tricky as it partially obscures the remote. I will probably have to fashion something myself, as I'm not too happy with the current configuration.

All-in-all though, I'm a happy bunny. If anyone is sat on the fence about splashing out on an iPad, I would heartily recommend that they hesitate no further. It has really opened up the potential for my Mavic.

Just for the record, I did own some DJI Goggles for a short spell, before anyone suggest I should try them. And, whilst they were great for the "experience", I didn't feel as much in control of my recording options as I am without them. Nope. It's the iPad all the way for me from now on :):)

I meant to reply here before now.

Peregrine, I have been posting in the same manner as you since the day I switched from android over to ios. There is big difference. I said right away how you can really see which OS that DJI caters to. I had a much more feeling of being secure when flying with my mini 2.

Reactions: Peregrine
I use this holder I found on Etsy. It doesn't obscure the remote and is relatively light/3D printed. Holds my iPad mini 4 or my Android Nexus 7 securely. I can also use the sunshade I got on Amazon with it.

Amazon.com: Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (7.9 inch, Black): Automotive

DJI Mavic and Spark 7-8" Tablet adapter
I bought my Mavic in May and have had no problem fitting my ipad mini 4 in the holder arms. If DJI made a change to the folding arms, they've kept it a secret to the public. It was some what tight the first time fitting it in but has loosened since. It keeps the ipad secure with no issues of falling out.

You iPad mini guys :) go big or go home lol. I use a full size iPad with the mavmount system. Very very nice setup.

Reactions: photoshop67
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada