DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flights.... short but really sweet.

MGrosvold

Reactions
I received Spook on Wed and was finally able to get it in the air today for a couple of short flights around my yard. In preparation for 1st flight, I installed aircraft, controller and battery firmware updates. I performed the IMU, controller and compass calibrations. I know there is some back and forth discussion regarding the IMU calibration but felt that it might be a good idea after the firmware update. I'll leave it alone now unless I start having stability/controlability issues, receive another firmware update or am prompted by the app.

I am a new drone owner/operator so I will leave the drone in Beginner Mode for a bit yet. As indicated in the post title, my inaugural flights went really well. I couldn't be happier to report that I had none of the issues I've read about in this forum. The app displayed no strange error messages, the aircraft hover was rock solid, there were no connection issues and RTH brought her right back to home perfectly.

Hopefully my luck will hold and I'll be able to expand my flight range as my knowledge increases and my skills improve. It's too bad WI will be soon turning too cold for much flying.

I still feel that DJI's premature product announcement and delay in delivery was a good thing for me. As I posted earlier, it saved me from purchasing one of the other drones I had been interested in. It also gave me a chance to get a lot of good advance advice and information regarding Mavic operation and maintenance through this forum, Youtube and the User Manual.

For the moment anyway, I'm one happy Mavic owner.

Well done good to see good news :):)

Peeper 1 arrives tomorrow. I plan to pretty much mimic MGrosvold's carefully prepared for first flight of Spook as well as being patient with the learning curve. Fortunately it's year round flying season here in AZ and I pretty much live in the middle of the desert. So not as much temptation to fly it around the family room [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest