DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First issues with .0600

ryo

Reactions
Ok, i was really hoping that this update was without issues however today, 2nd flight since updated from .0400, i had issues that never experienced before with the older FW.
First of all after little more than 1km i started receiving low quality video warnings: i didn't give too much importance because the video feedback was smooth and without any kind of interference. These warning appeared each now and then during almost all flight: max distance i was around 3km, all direct LOS over a lake. I can't tell, because i was using an iphone screen, if in any moment the video freezed, but i don't think so. With .0400 FW i flew up to 4,3km and never received any kind of warning. However i have to say that i also flew once more or less same distance with .0600 without warnings too.......

On my way back i tested the fixed wing mode, that by the way is very interesting BUT during the flight i had a problem with the gimball that suddenly acted strangely as you can see in the video:

I was able to recover normal function of the gimbal after manouvering left and right with the bird without exiting fixed wing: weird. Of course, never had this kind of issue with .0400.
Also video has been cut at a certain point: stopped recording and started again.......i would swear i didn't pause recording at any point.

Seriously thinking to roll back again to .0400 even if i do like the fixed wing mode, but having issues in the middle of the lake did scare me a lot, so maybe doesn't worth it......unless a quick fix from DJI. Might give another chance to FW before downgrade.
Cheers

Reactions: andy_mclennan
I suspect it's because you had the gimbal pointed up and it's trying to tilt ("bank") the gimbal and you're at gimbal limits. (I see the props in there which is why I believe it was pointed up).

Test again with the gimbal pointed forward (or disable "up" section of the gimbal elevation).

Reactions: Marine0302G2/8
I suspect it's because you had the gimbal pointed up and it's trying to tilt ("bank") the gimbal and you're at gimbal limits. (I see the props in there which is why I believe it was pointed up).

Test again with the gimbal pointed forward (or disable "up" section of the gimbal elevation).

No, didn't touch the gimball dial. The problem happened while i was attempting to get into sport mode while fixed wing. When speed increased the gimball went crazy.

No, didn't touch the gimball dial. The problem happened while i was attempting to get into sport mode while fixed wing. When speed increased the gimball went crazy.

Then it might amount to much the same thing - in Sport mode at higher speed to maintain the "FPV" style view the gimbal is pointing up (relative to the drone body) since the drone body is pitched down to get the forward thrust. Minor yaw corrections to the gimbal could be at limits and lead to unstable behaviour.

How fast were you flying? (This is a curiosity question rather than related to the above).

Reactions: Kilrah
Then it might amount to much the same thing - in Sport mode at higher speed to maintain the "FPV" style view the gimbal is pointing up (relative to the drone body) since the drone body is pitched down to get the forward thrust. Minor yaw corrections to the gimbal could be at limits and lead to unstable behaviour.

How fast were you flying? (This is a curiosity question rather than related to the above).

I will test a bit more and see if the problem reappear.
I had an average speed of 35km/h but when i switched in s-mode i was travelling at around 48km/h: the problem with the gimball appeared when i was at maximum speed and this would suffrage your theory.....

I made another test this morning (just back). Looks like the problem is only in fixed wing and only turning right.....anyway, going back to .0400. I don't want to risk harming the gimbal motor just because i've got the "fixed wing mode" that doesen't work properly anyway.

Motors couldn't care less about the jolts.
Anyway most likely nothing related to firmware, if you were reaching the same attitudes with the old firmware you'd have the same.

Anyway most likely nothing related to firmware, if you were reaching the same attitudes with the old firmware you'd have the same.

1st, i am not talking about motors but gimball motor, 2nd, i am not talking about jolts but unusual movements of the gimball maybe reaching end of run and not fully compatible with the fixed wing setup. BTW, not 100% sure but i got a few very quick warnings about obstructed motor, maybe referring to gimbal.
As previously said, i never had any kind of problem with .0400.

Downgraded. Fixedwing no more, find my drone still there.

Downgraded. Fixedwing no more, find my drone still there.
Thanks for posting - I was wondering if fixed wing was in the drone f/w or just a feature of the app so it seems it's in the firmware. No big deal - like you said it's really only gimbal fpv mode plus a fixed speed anyway. I also went back to .400 following issues with .600

Reactions: ryo

I believe it has to do with the particulars of the Fixed Wing mode v. the Gimbal control f/w for that mode. It's an avoidable (in f/w) issue IMO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851