DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Night time Photo, (thoughts)

ive been wanting to take some night shots, so ive been "practicing" in my backyard first. basically all ive been doing is turning on my backyard light and seeing if i can get different exposure shots just to see how they will come out.....

BUT im guessing there isnt enough light back there because my mavic will not stay put. was there enough light below your mavic for your VPS to work properly?

great shot, btw

ive been wanting to take some night shots, so ive been "practicing" in my backyard first. basically all ive been doing is turning on my backyard light and seeing if i can get different exposure shots just to see how they will come out.....

BUT im guessing there isnt enough light back there because my mavic will not stay put. was there enough light below your mavic for your VPS to work properly?

great shot, btw

Thank you.
Took out again last night and although was a little windy mavic had no problems hovering in same spot. Was fighting wind too much for good shot but hovered ok.

Are you using gps mode?

Thank you.
Took out again last night and although was a little windy mavic had no problems hovering in same spot. Was fighting wind too much for good shot but hovered ok.

Are you using gps mode?
then i wonder whats going on with mine..hhhhhhmmmmm

yes im using gps mode. i have an out of focus video(from a cellphone) of the mavic moving around, i can post it somewhere if you'd like. its a bit windy today so no testing, but im hoping i can try again tomorrow night. is there anything i can check to see if something isnt working correctly(hopefully that makes sense)?

I'm not an expert but I would go back to basics,

Remove gimbal lock and cover prior to turning on drone
Sit on ground
turn on Controller and DJI app
Then turn on Drone and connect
Calibrate drone manually
check how many satellites are connected

wait until says ready to fly
take off and just hover
should be solidly holding position
should be able to grab hold of back leg and pull off position and when let go it should return to where it was

I would do this and check during daytime, windy is ok within reason, I have flown in surprisingly strong winds.

I'm not an expert but I would go back to basics,

Remove gimbal lock and cover prior to turning on drone
Sit on ground
turn on Controller and DJI app
Then turn on Drone and connect
Calibrate drone manually
check how many satellites are connected

wait until says ready to fly
take off and just hover
should be solidly holding position
should be able to grab hold of back leg and pull off position and when let go it should return to where it was

I would do this and check during daytime, windy is ok within reason, I have flown in surprisingly strong winds.
daytime is rock solid, not so much at night though. if i can test it tonight, ill take some pics and post a seperate thread(sorry for hijacking yours) of everything.

thanks for your hlep

Do the LED's have to be off to take a night shot properly? I tried doing it the other night over my yard with a long exposure and I got nothing at all. I started thinking today that maybe the LED's were casting too much light on the camera to see anything down below.

Do the LED's have to be off to take a night shot properly? I tried doing it the other night over my yard with a long exposure and I got nothing at all. I started thinking today that maybe the LED's were casting too much light on the camera to see anything down below.
I had trouble with mine too. Just got a blurry mess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7