DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First test flight using DJI G0 4.0.1 Cinematic flight mode...

JtrJr

Reactions
I only got a chance to burn off one battery, the weather here has been trash. It's nothing special, just a simple test to see what the video looks like from the Mavic. Seemed to fly well but the Here maps still weren't working. Noticed the horizon is off again and I did ALL calibrations and I'm on the latest firmware. I recorded at 2.7k and dropped it down to 1080p to post but I didn't do any other editing except for cutting the clips.

Jerry

Heavy,

I think it was about 36F. I'm not ready to test this thing below freezing until I get a bit more familiar with it. I fly my P3's well below freezing and haven't had any issues.

Jerry

Mad,

Not a stupid question at all. Click the little Remote Controller symbol on the lower left of the screen to bring up the flight modes. Select Cinematic and you're good! I'm using Android but it should be the same or similar for iOS. Happy Holidays!

Jerry

Cimemode-02.JPG

Toe,

Yes, it slows down and smooths out some control functions.

Jerry

Cinematic mode also, as the app warns you, increases stopping distance in order to be more gentle with the camera. If you're moving horizontally in Cinematic and let go of the sticks, instead of stopping itself within a couple inches, it'll glide a little further in the direction it was going and slow to a stop.

I only got a chance to burn off one battery, the weather here has been trash. It's nothing special, just a simple test to see what the video looks like from the Mavic. Seemed to fly well but the Here maps still weren't working. Noticed the horizon is off again and I did ALL calibrations and I'm on the latest firmware. I recorded at 2.7k and dropped it down to 1080p to post but I didn't do any other editing except for cutting the clips.

Jerry

Great views... What software did you edit/cut with Jerry ? I am just getting into it and am trying to make a decision on editing software.

Last edited:
Pat,

I didn't do any editing really, aside from slicing, adding transitions and music. No color correcting was done it's straight from the camera. I'm just a hobbyist and don't do much post work.

On this one I just used Windows Movie Maker (free!!!). I also use Cyberlink Power Producer and Adobe Elements. Both of these are relatively inexpensive.

My videos are really for my own amusement (memories) and to share with family and friends so I'm not too worried about spectacular production. Hope that helps.

Jerry

It certainly does Jerry.. thanks... I am also a hobbyist and don't want to go overboard with serious software... All I need is what you did.... Have a good new year :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair