DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First total 360° panorama

Great!
Please share with us how do you capture the upper part of the panorama (the sky above the Mavic), as I always have the upper third of the stitched image blank, so I have to clone sky, improvise etc. (meaning the part of the sky which cannot be covered by the gimbal of the Mavic, as it would mean to look up, and it cannot; so for ex. in Hangar 360 they cover it with their logo)?

Later edit: Heeey, I even know the area; that's Ginnheim. I used to stay there, 20 years ago, while I was a student at the JW Goethe University)

Great!
Please share with us how do you capture the upper part of the panorama (the sky above the Mavic), as I always have the upper third of the stitched image blank, so I have to clone sky, improvise etc. (meaning the part of the sky which cannot be covered by the gimbal of the Mavic, as it would mean to look up, and it cannot; so for ex. in Hangar 360 they cover it with their logo)?

Later edit: Heeey, I even know the area; that's Ginnheim. I used to stay there, 20 years ago, while I was a student at the JW Goethe University)

Yes, you are right ;)

The photo was first stitched together in PTgui. Then I have opened the pano in Photoshop and used the content-aware fill to get the missing sky:

There is also some manuel cloning and copying. Its not 100% perfect if you look close at the top, but in the case I think it's not critical. With a complete blue sky it would be very easy. But as soon as you have clouds it's getting difficult.

Here is another one (not complete 360°):

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Awesome shot.

If you use the Flexify 2 plugin for Photoshop (change latitude to -90) then use content aware fill, before flicking back through Flexify 2 (latitude to 90) you will create a new perfect nadir even with cloud. You'll avoid the visible stitch either end of the image and that star effect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom