DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fitting the Fly More kit + MavMount into a Pelican Storm iM2200

dpv

Reactions
Hey guys, I found a pretty good orientation I think works pretty well if you want to try it with an iM2200 of your own - hope this helps!

fMV4Lth.jpg

Outside of the Pelican Storm iM2200. I've attached the Pelican shoulder strap to the case to make it a bit more convenient to carry long distances.

tnquoBa.jpg

Top layer - everything I need for a quick flight; I can grab the Mavic, battery, controller, mount and props and just go.

CWrgVRH.jpg

To store my tablet I use with the MavMount - the NVIDIA Shield K1 - I cut a slit in the middle of the top foam so I can slide it down inside. This solution actually works really well and keeps the tablet safe. I attached some velcro to the top inside of the case and the top of the foam to keep it from simply falling down from the additional weight.

oLvnXDb.jpg

With the Mavic removed, you can see I carved out additional space under the drone for additional "quick access" storage. This is where I throw connector cables and additional props should they be needed.

UpfRqgj.jpg

If I need other parts of the "Fly More" kit - like the battery hub or charger, I simply remove the top foam layer and have full access to these items as well.

Hope this inspires your own creations!

Looks good but what happens if you're hiking, biking, etc. The fit looks good, the cushion is a bit overkill no? I think it ships with less protection than that.

Looks good but what happens if you're hiking, biking, etc. The fit looks good, the cushion is a bit overkill no? I think it ships with less protection than that.

I think we both know in those rare occasions you take a smaller bag probley without extra batteries, chargers, larger tablet, Tablet mount and so on.

When it ships it covered under warranty, its broke send it back. If it brakes now you SOL.

Nice setup OP!

I have the bag the "Fly more" came with if I'm just grabbing and going; I travel a lot so having something that can get banged around in taxis, airports and hotels makes it nice.

There's never enough protection for me - I have a bit of a "pelican case issue" ;)

KlKEcUT.jpg

I think we both know in those rare occasions you take a smaller bag probley without extra batteries, chargers, larger tablet, Tablet mount and so on.

When it ships it covered under warranty, its broke send it back. If it brakes now you SOL.

Nice setup OP!

I think we both know, or maybe we don't. That anyone with extra batteries is not going to leave them at home when they're out flying. I'm just saying, this is 7inches by 4 inches, it's not that hard to keep protected.

How do you shape to pelican case to what you want???

The P4P case is a pre-cut, the others are pick and pull; however, I'm looking at getting the Mavic cut since Ive found a configuration I like for the im2200 (my favorite "personal item" case for airlines.)

I think we both know, or maybe we don't. That anyone with extra batteries is not going to leave them at home when they're out flying. I'm just saying, this is 7inches by 4 inches, it's not that hard to keep protected.

So are you saying no one should have a hard case?
7x4" is great number to throw out, but that doesn't cover everything else that's in his or my case or that even needed to fly.

Its storage and protection of everything not just whats needed to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e