DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed Wing Mode Demonstration

He goes through some exercises, explaining it.

I'd like to know if one engages FWmode while flying fast(er) in Sport Mode will result in higher speed being maintained.

It would really be cool if they had a rate mode for the right stick (accel or decel then lock speed when the stick is neutral).

EDIT: The Manual Has Been Updated To V1.6 and includes "Fixed Wing" mode instructions.
I was maintaining 49mph in fixed wing which was surprising to me.

I'd like to know if one engages FWmode while flying fast(er) in Sport Mode will result in higher speed being maintained.

It would really be cool if they had a rate mode for the right stick (accel or decel then lock speed when the stick is neutral).

EDIT: The Manual Has Been Updated To V1.6 and includes "Fixed Wing" mode instructions.

Bunny, I didn't need you to quote the full instructions, we all have already read them. I was trying to get a pilot to confirm what happens when you pull the right stick back, as the instructions are ambiguous. Apparently my suspicions are correct.
My apologies, I was not trying to be didactic. However now I am confused, what does happen when right stick is pulled back.

I can't enter Fixed Wing Mode. I turned the mode on, I pushed the right stick forward and pressed C1. The screen displays C1 fixed wing, but when I release the stick the drone stops. I've tried Sport and P mode. What am I doing wrong

Tried it today, not a fan. Seems more like a gimmick than anything else. Plus you can achieve almost the same results minus the auto forward flight with fpv mode.

You're surprised by that? It imitates a plan, but it's still not a plane. Doing a barrel roll will most certainly crash the Mavic. Loops will result in too many crashes by inexperienced pilots.
It was a joke, people here really need to recalibrate their sense of humor.

C1/C2 maintain their settings (that you set) until FW is invoked using the GO App. When you exit FW mode, then C1/C2 revert to their original settings (eg: pop up exposure settings).

A little more specific: You can set C1/C2 while Fixed Wing is disabled.

If you enable and disable Fixed Wing mode, C1/C2 do not revert to your previously selected options. They will instead revert to default settings.

I have C1 as battery info, and C2 as camera center/down. .600 firmware and latest Go4 Android.

It is just FPV mode without needing to keep your finger pushing forward right? Or us there something else i am missing

A little more specific: You can set C1/C2 while Fixed Wing is disabled.

If you enable and disable Fixed Wing mode, C1/C2 do not revert to your previously selected options. They will instead revert to default settings.

I have C1 as battery info, and C2 as camera center/down. .600 firmware and latest Go4 Android.

Are you serious? I spend time setting C1/C2 to do x,y and after exiting FW C1/C2 then do a,b?

So I did all these things according to the demo. Once I put the slider onto FW mode and the on screen prompt tells me that "C1,C2 are used for starting/stopping my C buttons don't response and it never goes into FW mode! What am I doing wrong. And yes multiple flight mode is enabled. Thanks

Mine doesn't work either, it enters the mode, but exits immediately. No error messages. I've tried everything I could think of while making sure not to lose my drone.

Fixed wing mode has potential with a future version, but as it is, pretty useless. I thought it might be nice to use the cruise control qualities for long range flights, but it doesn't go fast enough in Fixed Wing mode unless you hold the right stick max forward. Even in sport mode the speed is limited to less than 30.

I would like to see a true cruise control right at the optimal speed and control of the gimbal tilt. There's no good reason to set gimbal at fixed angle. They could at least give a bit of tilt otherwise you end up with too much sky in your video.

Mine doesn't work either, it enters the mode, but exits immediately. No error messages. I've tried everything I could think of while making sure not to lose my drone.
You need to start moving forward at at least 3 m/s before pushing C1 to engage FW.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR