DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FL Drone Law advice

Memphis_Mavic

Reactions
I'm going to Destin,FL in June for vacation and wanting to bring the drone for some sunsets / sunrise pictures over the water. I've read about the privacy laws in FL and people's property / surveillance. Does anyone know if it is ok to fly in Destin right off of HWY 98? I also know you can't take off or land in state parks. Thanks in advance for your help.

I've had no issues in Florida filming sunsets over neighborhoods, bridges, beaches, and list goes on and on. I just try to stay as high as possible when having to go over someone's property - no one wants a drone buzzing outside of their window. But in terms of the Florida specific surveillance laws, just try to avoid people's property in your sunset/sunrise photos and you should be fine (lets be honest as long as you're not bothering anyone you'll be fine regardless). Since you'll be over water taking these pictures, I anticipate no issues.

Reactions: Memphis_Mavic
Florida is great! :)

Panic mode!!!!! just update my drone and now it's saying I'm in the NFZ. I'm at Majestic Sun Condo. No where near the read based on Dji GEO map from their site.

Panic mode!!!!! just update my drone and now it's saying I'm in the NFZ. I'm at Majestic Sun Condo. No where near the read based on Dji GEO map from their site.

You are in an Authorization zone for a nearby airforce base, so you will have to self-authorize, but it is not a NFZ.

I wonder if there was a TFR in place? Check again and see if it still reports a NFZ...

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803