DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew in Sport mode for 1st time today

Chris R

Reactions
Wow, what a blast. It is so much faster. I definitely kept in out in the wide open for this.

2ac710a101259bcc3217df22a45f2b0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817T using MavicPilots mobile app

In sports mode, what functions are disabled? I am too scared to try it :)

Will it keep altitude?

Hi

which application gives you the stats as shown above ? is that Lichi ?

also i see TOP SPEED 62 mph, wait !! isn't this more than 80 Km/h ??? i didn't know the MAVIC could reach such speed !! i always thought it was more around 35 mph in sport mode (55 km/h max)

Hi

which application gives you the stats as shown above ? is that Lichi ?

also i see TOP SPEED 62 mph, wait !! isn't this more than 80 Km/h ??? i didn't know the MAVIC could reach such speed !! i always thought it was more around 35 mph in sport mode (55 km/h max)
From the initial screen in the App before connecting to your device in the upper left hand corner there will be a paper airplane. Click on it and it will show you all of the flight data as well as all of your flight logs. From this screen, click on the cloud icon in the upper right corner to synchronize all of your flight logs to DJI's server and then you can view them whenever you want even from a different device as long as you are logged in to your account.

There is a glitch with the speed readings as although it displays MPH, it is actually still reporting KPH. 62KPH is about 38.5MPH.....The readout on the remote will be correct but not in the app.

App speed reported can be 50% higher than actual, due to a bug. The controller readout is accurate.

ok thanx for the indication for those stats, i saw that airplane icon a few times but was always too busy with some other checking to figure out what it was

for the speed, ok i understand my surprise now ;)

App speed reported can be 50% higher than actual, due to a bug. The controller readout is accurate.
It looks like it's labelling kph as mph, this bug was noted early on but I guess they kind of like it to be 'fast' so low priority :cool:
You could get to 60mph with wind behind though.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Sport mode is great. I have used it to get to my location faster, to out run birds that I think are eyeing my drone (I am paranoid about birds attacking the drone) and just for the fun of it. I always take mine up to 200+ ft before I fly in sport mode. This means I will not hit powerlines or trees. Remember, at that speed, your stopping distance sucks.

Reactions: Jt711
Sport mode is great. I have used it to get to my location faster, to out run birds that I think are eyeing my drone (I am paranoid about birds attacking the drone) and just for the fun of it. I always take mine up to 200+ ft before I fly in sport mode. This means I will not hit powerlines or trees. Remember, at that speed, your stopping distance sucks.
I just love the sound of it in sports mode as it flies past you and fairly low..............................sooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!

It looks like it's labelling kph as mph, this bug was noted early on but I guess they kind of like it to be 'fast' so low priority :cool:
You could get to 60mph with wind behind though.
Indeed, but certainly not without a 25mph tailwind, which would make it very difficult to return home. Ask me how I know! :eek:

Requires about 150 feet to stop, as I recall!
It also fries the battery in no time flat!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26