DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flickering motion in the sun?

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi I've been flying my mavic and it's been fantastic , I love it... I've noticed when I take a vidieo and it's looking into the sun, or in the general direction of the sun i get a bad rolling like Flickering motion in the video . I'll try to get a vidieo up that shows what I'm talking about. has anyone else noticed this?

Sounds like it's the Props reflecting the sun onto the lens. Maybe a slower more level flight towards the sun would help....I'm still awaiting my craft, but I've seen some info on that, not sure what the solution is. Also, make certain you are not flying with the Gimble Bubble attached, it causes reflections while filming, it's for transport protection only, flying with it will block airflow into the craft and overheating will cause all sorts of problems.

Updated: DJI recommends flying with the bubble, no mention of airflow blockage.

Last edited:
thanks the gimbal cover is not on, I assumed it was something to do with the props and shadows.

Guys, I have only had my Mavic for a 2 weeks and a few flights. I had this flicker yesterday flying towards the sun:

I edited out the worst parts, but it's there in some of these shots on the bottom left. The problem is that you don't notice is while flying so it's hard to take it into account. Any advice? Perhaps when flying towards the sun, it's best to tilt the gimbal down?

- S

Sorry, youtube had issues with the audio. Here is another version with a different track:

Sorry, youtube had issues with the audio. Here is another version with a different track:
Would help if you tell us where so that we dont have to watch all 2min+ of your clip. Looks to be at 1:19. Looks to be propeller shadows.

Definitely prop reflections/shadows. Almost always visible when sun is low and off to the side of the Mavic. Sometimes can be reduced by using a gimbal shroud.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest