DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight data info has me confused plus a speed question

dpbayly

Reactions
Hi all after receiving my new Mavic Friday and with the weather being terrible over the weekend I decided to take it into work with me today as I have a very sheltered yard and all I wanted to do was to check it takes off and hovers/flys around as it should and it seems to but I had a couple of questions.

First is related to it's speed basically I only achieved 12.6mph top speed, now this might be normal given the space I was flying in it probably travelled 12-14mtrs where it hit that speed, am I right in thinking the speed would have continued to increase till it's top GPS speed would have been reached if thats the case what sort of distance is normal till it reaches it's top GPS speed I only ask as it seemed slow compared to a previous cheap Hubsan 501s that seemed to accelerate to it's top speed a lot quicker, If thats normal I can only figure it's to help give smooth video footage

Second is related to my Flight data it has me confused as it claims my Max Takeoff Altitude was 269.5mtrs..... but I only had it in the air for 5 mins total across 5 flights and it never went above 4 mtrs also it shows Top Distance 81mtrs but I only flew it my small yard and the furthest away it got was about 15mtrs.

Can anyone explain whats going on with those readings?

Here's a pic of the flight data.

Make takeoff altitude is the highest altitude (altitude above average mean sea level) at which you have taken off from. Your top distance is the top cumulative flight distance, as in the total distance you covered in one flight. So even if you were only 5 metres away, if you went back and forth a bunch, or flew a circle or two around yourself, you'll be racking up distance. As for top speed, the Mavic's acceleration will depend on what mode you're flying it. In beginner mode, the acceleration is significantly reduced, so you'll achieve top speed far slower. Flip it into sport mode, and you'll see your top speed achieved very quickly.

Reactions: dpbayly
That clears everything up thanks.

I wasn't in beginner mode just standard gps mode but I'm guessing it takes a bit more than the 12 odd meters I used to accelerate where I got up to 12.6 mph I'd say by 20 meters I would have reached the normal 18-22mph in gps mode with the avoidance system on.

That clears everything up thanks.

I wasn't in beginner mode just standard gps mode but I'm guessing it takes a bit more than the 12 odd meters I used to accelerate where I got up to 12.6 mph I'd say by 20 meters I would have reached the normal 18-22mph in gps mode with the avoidance system on.
Yes 12 meters is not enough space to hit top speed. I can't tell you the distance but it takes roughly 10 seconds to hit max. About the same in sport mode to hit ~42mph/70kph. Maybe less.

Reactions: dpbayly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore