DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight files on an Apple Mini

TStarr

Reactions
Apologies for my ignorance of all things Apple - I had hoped to keep it that way! - but felt obliged to get an Apple 4 mini to accompany my bird (though my Samsung Note 4 had performed ok if a little sluggish) - however, whilst I could easily find my post flight vids on my Samsung, I haven't a clue how to find them on the Apple - "Videos" tells me I have none, but wouldn't i like to visit ITunes, I can't find a "Files" icon, and the GoApp only seems to work with the controller and plane attached.

Nothing seems to appear when I USB it to my PC - had hoped to search the tablet from there - will it only talk Apple to Apple?

Many thanks in advance of any directions, instruction or guidance.

on my iphone the flight videos are in Editor in the App as long as you are talking about the cached flight videos.

you dont need anything running just open DJI GO 4 along the bottom will be equipment editor sky pixel and me

all the videos will be in the editor but make sure the settings in the app when you fly are set to cache video and set your limit mine is at 16gb.

so first you have to have the drone and everything connected, go into app settings and make sure you have the video cache on and the size to allow to cache.

after that i just hit dji app on my phone and everything is in their

you have videos photos and create

no idea if same on ipad i do not see why not i use an IPHONE7 plus and current in every update.

i never touch itunes (yet but i will have too very soon). Maybe ha ha ha

You'll need to use iTunes to transfer the cached video files directly between your iPad Mini and computer. You could use a memory card reader (like this one) to transfer the cached video files to a memory card. And then use a memory card reader (like this one) to transfer the cached video files from the memory card to your computer. If you're going to go through all of this trouble though, it would make better sense to transfer the higher quality video files directly from the Mavic's memory card.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaComms
Thanks for both those - I think on the Note4 I was looking at the files via a movie app, I wasn't using the Editor in the GoApp - just never saw it! And of course it is in exactly the same place on the Apple version - just wanted it for quick review and if showing folks whilst tablet in hand.

Do I take it there is no way to download off the memory card in the plane, without physically taking it out - no wifi option? Can't help but think something is going to go wrong sooner or later taking that little card in and out! Either losing it, or the connectors get messed up.

You can only transfer 1080P/720P videos and/or JPG photos from DJI GO to your mobile device. That feature can be accessed here:

DJI-GO-Play-Icon.jpg

Another option would be to power on your Mavic and connect a cable between the micro USB port on the side of your Mavic and your computer. That'll allow you to access the files on the memory card.

DJI-Mavic-pro-first-hands-on_metal-underside-landing-gear.jpg

Yes pretty much as @msinger says. i use the editor just for when i want a quick replay after a fllght a fast edit to get rid of stuff and then use that as a template for later when transferring from Mavic directly.

i find the 1080 option ok if you want a fast you tube upload to review later which is all i can do right now as i have an old crap laptop that cant handle even 1080 without issues. (or the post apps needed i should say) so right now for 4 weeks i am stuck with whats on my phone feed so i use the 1080 option just to get the best i can with what i have. If i only want a quick upload.

Other than that i am just storing the footage on SD until next month when the Macbook comes over from Russia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929