DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log#1

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I received my MP last Thursday. The first thing I did was plop the drone battery on the charger before unpacking the rest of the Flymore kit.

Initially had some connection issues. Not sure if that was me not being in sequence but eventually connected with lack-of-GPS. I took the MP out into the business parking lot and it acquired sats pretty quick. Set to P/beginner mode, took off. Did a few "feel it" manoeuvres and got quickly comfortable with it. Flew several times that day though in very limited spaces and a lightly falling snow. Took it out of beginner mode for the rest of the time. I had set a Canada compliant 90m max height and same for safe return height - and sort of regret that for those conditions - the RTH test took much longer than I expected. But it touched down within a few cm of the takeoff dot.

Quite an amazing machine. Easy to fly, though I still need to get my orientation nailed down when manoeuvring while looking at the drone. Almost backed into a snow bank at one point, and it's easy to lose the dark skinned MP in a background of trees. Need to look at the camera display more, perhaps.

I've been wretchedly ill since Friday (the raw milk? the mussels? the gastro that's going around?) so didn't get to fly on the weekend other than a very brief demo to my SO in the street on Saturday PM. Weather hasn't been best for it either and it's getting back to proper January cold now... so not sure when I'll be able to go out again. (Saturday is forecast as a sunny -12°C).

Planning some longer flights, up to 500 - 700 metres away to see where I lose visual with the drone against the background sky. Will also test Sport mode then.

Just need clear air, warmer air and better health.

Oh. Big thanks to everyone who posts here. Learned a lot about things I want to know, things I will want to know ... but most importantly about things I don't know that I will need to know!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom