DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight log - Weird errors

BraamMavic

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Background
So after grounding myself for the first week after getting the Mavic to gain knowledge, I started flying this weekend. Love this toy. It really is a giant leap from my Syma x5c and Syma X8HG ( both of which taught me valuable cheap lessons in manual mode).

I'm currently driving out to a harvested crop field on a friend's farm 50km away from me (South Africa) to do my flying as it is far from all the WIFI and other interference of the City. I feel it to be a safe place (apart from the dreaded power lines) to learn about my mavic, test its functions & build my skills. I generally fly very high to make sure I can't hit anything (140m high) and have flown to 1.2km out over this property.

Question
All is well apart from having trouble calibrating the compass & a few weird warning messages like yaw errors, auto switch to ATTI mode (despite 18 satellites) & a "high wind" warning while the wind was perfectly still.

I have attached the flight log. Only thing I can think is that the high voltage powerlines may have played some role, but I was standing over 150m away from them & flying 140m+ high. I've read up a bit on the matter here:
Overhead power lines | EMFs.info. , but have also seen many videos where people actually inspect powerlines with drones without issue.

Any ideas on what is causing the issues ?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-05-07_[16-23-20][1].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
All is well apart from having trouble calibrating the compass
That's interesting since your flight log is showing compass-related error messages. What happens when you try to calibrate the compass?

I didn't attempt another flight after this one, but have calibrated the compass successfully since.
  1. Which errors on the log are all compass related ( apart from the ones that SAY compass error :) )?
  2. Also weird that the first compass error is all the way out to the furthest point from home and that the error disappears and comes back at intermittent stages.
  3. I presume the red line is the part of thew flight containing yaw errors.

The red line is just showing a long stretch of warning messages. You can scroll down to that point in the log I linked above to see the messages.

Thanks for your continued help Msinger. Any guesses with regards to what may be causing the problems ?

Try another flight and see if you're able to reproduce a flight like that with your freshly calibrated compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929