DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight no longer stable after latest firmware update

StGr

Reactions
All was good until Sunday firmware update. On auto take off inside it started flying backwards until it hit wall. I tried to regain control but failed. I had no problems earlier flying inside with no gps although when I lost control it was fairly dark and I am told that perhaps the sensors did not work well in poor light.

Since then yellow flashing lights and system error message on remote
I am very nervous now to fly again. Any advice

Thx all

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

We flew ours inside, turned off lights to see reaction, Mavic moved around but not erratically.

All was good until Sunday firmware update. On auto take off inside it started flying backwards until it hit wall. I tried to regain control but failed. I had no problems earlier flying inside with no gps although when I lost control it was fairly dark and I am told that perhaps the sensors did not work well in poor light.

Thx all

After the update did you check the settings ??

The updare resets quite a few of the settings.

Sure. My advice is ALWAYS fly outside after a firmware update! Then tweak the settings that were reset by the firmware update. Then fly that bish around a while until it is stable and responsive. Then fly indoors.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
I am having the same problem with my Mavic as well. I went though all my settings and couldn't not fine the issue. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just me: I have a fair size home with cathedral ceilings but I will never, ever fly my Mavic indoors.

I had the same issue after the upgrade but i never calibrated the compass outside beforehand. I did an RC cali and then went out and did a compass cali. The MP was responding fine after that. I belive though my issue was an unsuccessful RC cali i did aftet the upgrade, i got a "calibration fail" on the RC then that i ignored so i think that was it. The key to a proper RC cali for me is to do slow movements at start till all the lines are connected(no gaps) and then a few fast movements. I have yet to try flying indoors since then but then again i think its not the best thing to fly indoors.

Reactions: Garrett

Thx all

W/O GPS, the VPS sensors are required to 'lock' the position. VPS requires moderate to bright light, and an inconsistent patterned floor to work properly. Between the two flights (pre/post upgrade) were the lighting conditions identical?

Thx all for advice and feedback. Will give all this a try and report back.
Really nice to be able to connect with others. Much appreciated

Reactions: Garrett
Seems as if a combination of well light conditions. Compass calibration and RC calibration resolved the issue.

The yellow fast flashing light is confusing however. If the GPS signal is not present the pilot is well aware of this through the dji app. So when yellow flashing lights is present one is not sure what the issues is. I think dji should only send this warning to pilots in case of sensor failure given the gps status is clearly visible via the app.
Thx all

A warning from the light would always be accompanied by a corresponding message in the app/on the remote's screen.
So when yellow flashing lights is present one is not sure what the issues is.

The various LED indications are also explained in the manual anyway, don't know why you would "not know what the issue is".

Yesterday morning Just b4 this flight i had an update, did that. Got it in the air and first thing i noticed was that it was panning left very slowly.. thru me off so i popped it up high and took a shot and flight and notice it did it still. Landed came home and went back out this evening and upon taking off it wasnt in a stable hover like b4. It was kinda drifting which has never happened b4 and it was in gps with at least 8-10sat.

Attachments

• DJI_0014.JPG
    DJI_0014.JPG
    769.5 KB · Views: 24

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121