DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flightradar24 App

wifideath

Reactions
Note that it may/will not have ALL air traffic, I often see planes that aren't showing up..
It's a help and hint, but never assume you're clear because nothing shows up on it.

It is a great app, but want to add, it does not track ALL airtraffic. You'll spot plenty of planes and helicopters that won't be on the map in the app. Not all planes use ADB-S yet and some are radar delayed by 5 minutes. Good tool though.

As others have said this doesn't show all traffic. Actually it only show a small percentage of actual traffic in an area. Don't relay on this as your only means!

A serious word of caution.
This app only tracks aircraft that have the equipment to allow them to be tracked.
Without going into great, and boring, detail, this not not include the vast majority of general aviation aircraft that are a much more serious consideration for drone type operation.

It's going to take at least 5 more people saying the exact same thing before I believe it.

Thanks for the link to Flightradar24, very interesting... and I think I might have seen that Kris Kringle guy fly by.

To all of you on this wonderful site, thanks for all the great information. Being a first time flyer I am learning a ton about drones and my Mavic.

The amount of planes in the air RIGHT NOW is insane!

Christmas Eve morning 8am 2016
airtraffic-jpg.2962

Attachments

• airtraffic.JPG
    airtraffic.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 55
Funny Callsign on this plane !
merry-jpg.2963

Attachments

• merry.JPG
    merry.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 52