DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flights from Turkey - update?

pjnorris

Reactions
Now with luggage restrictions in place for power sources not larger than 16x9x1.5, this means the MP battery would not be permitted.

I am flying in August, has anyone experienced the return flight from Istanbul to London on BA yet and how thorough they search your suitcase for the batteries?

Please post your experiences. FedEx might be an option to ship batteries back. [emoji15]

Can't comment on BA, but I recently flew back from Amman with RJ and the search of the carry-on was conducted at the gate and was very thorough.

Once checked you could not leave the gate area without repeating the search process.

Obviously the packs can't go into checked bags and those are routinely scanned anyway, so yes, I would agree that FedEx or UPS may be the only practical alternative, but do check their restrictions and labelling requirements as you may face a limit of 2 packs per package or similar, and you may need specific warning labels on the package.

There are also some locations that will not accept hazardous materials for shipping so make sure they confirm you can ship them from the location you need.

Reactions: pjnorris
Hey!

If i'm not flying to the UK/US, should I have any issues bringing the drone into Istanbul and out? My mavic isn't registered and I'm concerned that the customs officers won't allow me to bring the device into the country.

Hey!

If i'm not flying to the UK/US, should I have any issues bringing the drone into Istanbul and out? My mavic isn't registered and I'm concerned that the customs officers won't allow me to bring the device into the country.
last week I was between instanbul and Bodrum, I made 6 flights in 2 days and my mavic was with my carry on bag, and I was always asked about it, and I replied a drone, with no problem what so ever

Reactions: Dremundo
Hey!

Did you finally attempt to enter and exit Turkey with the MP and its batteries in your carry on? any update?

Did you finally attempt to enter and exit Turkey with the MP and its batteries in your carry on? any update?

I fly end of August and am keen on people's experience too. The US (TSA) have relaxed things now...

Just got back from a trip ( Miami to Istanbul to Rome) on the way there no problems, Mavic was in my book bag along with batteries, no problem. As some have mentioned the security in Istanbul is VERY tight, went through national security and then (Turkish Airlines) procedure they ask what I had, I said a drone, they swabbed and let me on board. On the way back to Miam no one brought it up to me not once.

I've just flown to kos a Greek island off the cost of turkey the main problem I had was in April Thompson let.me fly with battery's on hand luggage. On this trip security refused to allow me to take them on hand luggage and said I had to put them in case so they pulled it off plane let me put it in case and it was fine. But the customs man was a model airplane flyer and said they don't really have a clue as the guidelines state segways hoverboards and personal transport with battery's over X amount are not allowed. I pointed out my new phone has a bigger battery but this isn't a problem some how. Drones are so new customs they just make a judgement call at moment as they have no firm guidelines. I was in Mexico in April and I went through a port and there were no done signs everywhere but I had no problems putting mavic through the x-ray and was able to take it with out any problems maybe because they have never seen a folding drone. It seems to me it's pot luck at moment.. I'm going on boat trip to Turkey this week and not sure if drones will be welcome . We will see I'll let u know if they shoot it down lol..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom