DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying above clouds

Has anyone flown through and above overcast clouds. I was just concerned about more moisture in there damaging the Mavic. This would be well out of the vicinity of major centres

Read your FAA rules. You have to stay 500 feet below clouds. We scold because we don't want even stricter rules because people are ignorant or don't care.

False statement. Not the law. Also, his comment to the rather abrupt, harsh post he was referring to, has NOTHING to do with anything he wants to do with his life. It doesn't even show what position he has at all. This is a personal character attack, and a trolling response.
You seem to be the only one who hold that opinion

I read the forums almost daily and don't really see anyone who knows the rules encouraging others to bypass them. Safe flying is most important. Encouraging illegal and dangerous activity should be called out for sure. I don't feel compelled to call out someone for flying out of VLOS if they are out in the countryside at a safe altitude and safe from harming anyone. Flying a long way away from an airport at over 400' isn't going to hurt anyone in that same situation. IMO, there are flights and conditions that are dangerous enough to warrant verbal cautioning to the poster. But scolding and holding oneself holier than thou is not the way.

It's nice to hear someone who has some common sense.
Thank you

Been away a few days but the clown show still rolls on I see. This will be my last post on this thread however; for anyone interested in what the FAA has to say about any of rules you can visit here and search for your favorite terms such as: hobby(ist), cloud(s), altitude, etc.. Make the decision for yourself! In reference to people flying outside of the USA, many of you have more stringent rules than we do but whatever you like...

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_107-2.pdf

Been away a few days but the clown show still rolls on I see. This will be my last post on this thread however; for anyone interested in what the FAA has to say about any of rules you can visit here and search for your favorite terms such as: hobby(ist), cloud(s), altitude, etc.. Make the decision for yourself! In reference to people flying outside of the USA, many of you have more stringent rules than we do but whatever you like...

Yes. We plowed on without you. Glad you're back.[emoji4]

Fantastic! As stated so many times before.....FAA circular regarding sUAS flying under part 107! Became effective later in 2016 as a matter of fact. And as stated so many times earlier, does NOT pertain to recreational flying of sUAS's!

Reactions: Rbruz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929