DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying DJI Mavic using Google Pixel

Joseph

Reactions
Is anyone flying their Mavic using the new google pixel phone? I asked DJI about this and they told me there is a 50/50 chance any device other than the ones mentioned in their site will work on the controller. I really don't wan't to buy an IOS device just for the sake of flying the Mavic.I also have the nexus 6, but I know that doesn't fit into the controller.

Is anyone flying their Mavic using the new google pixel phone? I asked DJI about this and they told me there is a 50/50 chance any device other than the ones mentioned in their site will work on the controller. I really don't wan't to buy an IOS device just for the sake of flying the Mavic.I also have the nexus 6, but I know that doesn't fit into the controller.

To use the Mavic with a larger device, check out this video.

I'll let you know on Monday or Tuesday, I've a Nexus 6 (1st gen), I'm 95% certain it'll fit..

I have both an iPhone 7 and Pixel and can confirm the Pixel fits just fine. However, when using the Pixel last weekend, I kept getting a Mavic battery warning within the DJI GO app. I switched back to iOS, no warning, then back to the Pixel and the warning reappeared. I'm sure its just a bug in the Android version, I'll test again today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll