DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying from my sailboat

Awesome shots! How's landing that little puppy back onboard?
Thanks! Yeah thats the tough part. Mavic is not so easy to land into my hand as theres not much to grab onto and its easy to cut your fingers as the props spin very close to the body. Need to get a leather glove.

Reactions: Scottso
Thanks! Yeah thats the tough part. Mavic is not so easy to land into my hand as theres not much to grab onto and its easy to cut your fingers as the props spin very close to the body. Need to get a leather glove.
Or one of those chain mail gloves they use at the meat counter! Hah! I trust you disable the downward sensors so it doesn't struggle to take back off when hand landing....

Reactions: Vernon
Or one of those chain mail gloves they use at the meat counter! Hah! I trust you disable the downward sensors so it doesn't struggle to take back off when hand landing....
Good idea!
I actually haven't turned off the sensors, good idea for sure. I normally just grab it fast and then flip it upside down, simulating a crash and then she sits the motors off right away.

Reactions: Henk and Scottso
I'm thinking of getting a mavic for our sailing adventures but that's my biggest worry, catching the little devil. Can you get extended feet for it?

I'm thinking of getting a mavic for our sailing adventures but that's my biggest worry, catching the little devil. Can you get extended feet for it?
A lightweight (22 gram) solution I came up with. Heavy gloves might save your hands but it's still a tough thing to successfully grab every time on a bobbing, drifting boat. Definitely makes boat landing easier for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nautidawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada