DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Alaska

Daskid

Reactions
Hello there!

I'll be going to the great state of Alaska in a few months and I wanted to know if there are any laws, rules, and regulations specific to the state of Alaska that are outside of what has already been covered by FAA.

Thanks!

It's pretty free up here. One thing to keep in mind is there are TONS of small airports and landing strips around everywhere. If you download the AirMap app it will help a lot. Most are not very active but it's good to be aware of what's around you especially if you can't see it.

On the scenery side of things get ready for some fantastic views and footage (weather permitting).

Where are you going to visiting during your time up here?

Reactions: Daskid
It's pretty free up here. One thing to keep in mind is there are TONS of small airports and landing strips around everywhere. If you download the AirMap app it will help a lot. Most are not very active but it's good to be aware of what's around you especially if you can't see it.

On the scenery side of things get ready for some fantastic views and footage (weather permitting).

Where are you going to visiting during your time up here?
Thanks for the tip!

My family will be on an Alaskan cruise. Unfortunately, the wife has the itinerary.;)

I'll make sure to get the AirMap app and maybe a few hot packs to warm the batteries.

Thanks again! Thumbswayup

Reactions: JakeS
You will probably be up here when it's warm enough not to worry about hot packs lol. Now this week would be a different story. Our highs in Anchorage have been -10

Yikes. -10. We'll be there when the weather is tolerable. :D

I'm headed up on a Alaska cruise this weekend. where were you able to fly. I'm seeing nothing but national parks at most of the stops. was hoping to get some glacier shots from above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ