DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in France - War Memorials?

RattleHunter

Reactions
Hi,

I'm from the UK and I'm planning a trip to France to see some war memorials and battle fields and I could do with some local advice.

1) Airspace - I use the UK National Air Traffic Service (NATS) app on my phone to check UK airspace - is there a French equivalent that anyone could recommend?

2) I would always be mindful of disturbing other visitors to these sorts of places and I plan to film early in the morning but are there any specific rules preventing flights over French memorials?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Thank you for the link.
I agree completely about respect both for the dead and also for other visitors. - The key reason for the trip is to find (and thereby honor) a particular relative's grave - If there is no opportunity to film then so be it.

Reactions: Dw911 and Davidwh
The French are a bit sensitive about this stuff right now. I'd be veeerrrry careful.

Well I'm back - didn't fly at any of the cemeteries or the memorials - there were other people and it didn't seem right. Did fly over a Fort near Verdun - probably shouldn't have (there is a live firing range nearby) but it was early and there was no one else there and I kept it fairly low to the tree line.
Did fly over a huge and very symmetrical mine crater (Caterpiller - Redirect Notice) near hill 60 but the drone just kept losing contact even over 20 or 30 m with a clear line of site - NEVER had a problem like this at such close range I was wondering if the shape of the crater was causing the problem??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme