DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Mallorca

N1lul

Reactions
I was all set to take my Mavic with me on a cycling trip to Mallorca this weekend. I researched for restrictions and all I found was kind of generic common sense rules: <150m, don't fly over beaches, don't fly over people, stuff like that. Then I saw a post over on Phantom Pilot. That guy did much more research and that latest post said that he needed a permit to fly on Mallorca. I have tried to contact the tourist offices with no luck.

Does anyone know the current restrictions for flying on Mallorca?

Thanks

Ray

from what I have been reading it is pretty strict. I will be going to Mallorca soon but definately will not be taking my mavic there. I won't risk getting any huge ridiculous fines there, as i did not find how I can get the permit to fly before going.

Good luck and if any one has more on this topic would be great.

I was all set to take my Mavic with me on a cycling trip to Mallorca this weekend. I researched for restrictions and all I found was kind of generic common sense rules: <150m, don't fly over beaches, don't fly over people, stuff like that. Then I saw a post over on Phantom Pilot. That guy did much more research and that latest post said that he needed a permit to fly on Mallorca. I have tried to contact the tourist offices with no luck.

Does anyone know the current restrictions for flying on Mallorca?

Thanks

Ray

Ray, did you get to fly? Any issues?

I think common sense rules apply then multiply them by 10 and thats Spain's rules... cannot find anything official.
This has the most info AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

A-

I'm from Spain and a Mavic user.
For non comercial porposes you can fly your mavic following the rules:

120 m max height.
No flight over people or urban areas (cities, villages, beaches, etc)
No close from airports (15 km)
No in national parks or ZEPA (special birds protection areas).

For comercial porposes, the rules are almost the same but you need a pilot licence.

Just returned from visiting Barcelona and Mallorca.

After reading government regulation in Barcelona, I've decided to keep the drone in its case. There are no clear regulations past the obvious. A few officials I've asked gave me mixed reviews but overall I decide that it's just not worth it. It is possible to obtain a filming permit, nevertheless, the city of Barcelona would own copyright to most content automatically. You might be able to get away with a pocket size drone, nothing more.

Mallorca on the other hand is a bit more rural and I did find a few places to stop and film.
The only reasonable concern is when filming by the beach. Many beaches are nude and most people don't appreciate you filming them with any device, of course that was not the footage I was looking for in a the first place.

If anyone is interested in any footage, PM me.

Like most places, I will take drone everywhere, and just launch away from people (side street etc).

By the time you launch, take footage & land it again - noone will have time to say anything.

Just don't launch in a crowded square or from a beach and you should be fine!

Happy flying!

I fly in Mallorca without issues, just follow the AESA and EASA rules and you will be fine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S