DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying In NFZ

Mavicjon999

Reactions
Yesterday I applied to dji to be able to fly around my house which is a nfz.I received a code back by text to my phone which I put in there website and it was granted.
They also asked for a serial number which I assume would be the one on the Mavic so I gave them that one.
The problem is that on there website it says active for the next 2 days but I am still getting nfz on my controller in the house.
I contacted customer support yesterday and they said check firmware through assistant 2 so checked it last night and I have the latest firmware.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Reactions: frankiez
Yeah I was thinking about trying that.
I thought that Geo was there to just give you the warning....

GEO will stop you even taking off in certain conditions so it is not there just to give you warnings.

how it operates when on i have no idea as i have never turned mine on since day one.

you will have to try it to see if it makes a difference

Just to let you know guys I just had a great flight.I turned off the geo setting in the app and it let me fly....Well happy...got another battery on charge....controller screen just says NFZ LIMIT.....but flew perfect....

Reactions: Yoshizakura
Just to let you know guys I just had a great flight.I turned off the geo setting in the app and it let me fly....Well happy...got another battery on charge....controller screen just says NFZ LIMIT.....but flew perfect....
glad you had a great flight if you leave GEO if which i do, when it says update NFZ just hit ignore.

I WILL BE IN VERY BIG TROUBLE HERE IF I DO NOT SAY

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FLY SAFELY WITH GEO OFF. (OR AT ANY TIME).

KNOW YOUR AREA, KNOW YOUR FLIGHT PATHS AND BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

now go have some fun and fly that mother. :)

glad you had a great flight if you leave GEO if which i do, when it says update NFZ just hit ignore.

I WILL BE IN VERY BIG TROUBLE HERE IF I DO NOT SAY

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FLY SAFELY WITH GEO OFF. (OR AT ANY TIME).

KNOW YOUR AREA, KNOW YOUR FLIGHT PATHS AND BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.

now go have some fun and fly that mother. :)

Great post my friend and thanks.......

Reactions: Gary cato
Yesterday I applied to dji to be able to fly around my house which is a nfz.I received a code back by text to my phone which I put in there website and it was granted.
They also asked for a serial number which I assume would be the one on the Mavic so I gave them that one.
The problem is that on there website it says active for the next 2 days but I am still getting nfz on my controller in the house.
I contacted customer support yesterday and they said check firmware through assistant 2 so checked it last night and I have the latest firmware.
Has anyone else had this problem?

So that's where I need to put that code?! When I first got my mavic, I tried it and it kept sending me a code but nobody could tell me where I was supposed to input this code. I ended up just giving them a credit card number and it then let me unlock the NFZ.

I verified with my mobile number and had 3 days over the weekend flying the area all around my house....Loved it.....

Where can you look in the DJI GO 4 app to see if you have the NFZ unlocked?

Where can you look in the DJI GO 4 app to see if you have the NFZ unlocked?

If you can fly its unlocked :)

i do not know much about this as i say i never use GEO, i believe when the NFZ figures it needs a code, it asks you to unlock it, you enter the code or verify your phone number (easier than the code option i believe)

Then you should be able to fly i do not know what confirmation you get to say that the NFZ is unlocked.maybe @Mavicjon999 can help you with that part.

Well I can launch but it starts to rise on its own, then initiates LANDING mode. I have to guide it back down to the ground (there are bushes and trees around). Essentially I cannot fly it, because it start rising on its own. I am on firmware .400, I have not updated to the latest yet.

Confused

>>Just go in the Me section of the app and then the nfz application and it will say if it is valid or not.....

Thanks! I can see in there now, and status says 'VALID'. But I'm really not able to fly it under control that I am comfortable with. Weird, never had this happen before.

I cancelled my DJI order because I thought that I couldn't even fly 6 feet off the ground in a NFZ. If I have GEO off, can I really use the drone around my house?

I don't have geo option on my app how to I get it.

The latest version of the app doesn't allow you to turn off GEO anymore. DJI is forcing everyone to use GEO and discontinuing the old NFZ in the latest versions of the app and firmware.

The latest version of the app doesn't allow you to turn off GEO anymore. DJI is forcing everyone to use GEO and discontinuing the old NFZ in the latest versions of the app and firmware.
Thanks one more question. I keep getting a failure to generate license error whenever I try to unlock a warning error. Is there anything I can do for this. The unlock shows in app home page but does not push to drone. Even after a refresh.

Thanks one more question. I keep getting a failure to generate license error whenever I try to unlock a warning error. Is there anything I can do for this. The unlock shows in app home page but does not push to drone. Even after a refresh.

Sorry, can't help you on that since I don't use GEO as I'm still on older firmware and have GEO turned off, and I've never had to do this..

Reactions: Txsurfer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake