DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Remote Area No Cellular Service with IPhone (iOS) - Maps?

treytexag

Reactions
I have searched for the answer to this question, and maybe the answer is obvious and I'm just not getting it :confused:

I will be in a remote part of Texas and there will not be wifi nor cellular service at this location. I cannot visit the location before I get there, since it is a many hour drive to get there.

It appears that I cannot cache maps since I'm using an iOS device, all the posts and youtube videos show the caching only is a function for android devices.

So the question is this. How do I get the maps of the remote areas into the DJI Go4 app in this remote location so I can fly confidently there?

Please break it down for me, I seem to not be "seeing" what the answer to this question is . . . . o_O

Thanks.

You can cache the maps in DJI GO on an iOS device like this.

Reactions: treytexag
On your Ipad. Or IPhone works the same.
Go to Google maps.
Top left click the three bars.
Gives drop down list, select offline areas.
Click custom areas.
Find your area on the map and save.
You have a number of days to use it.

Reactions: Ignacio
Wow, I've never seen this option in Google Maps before. So if I download the area I plan to fly in, then DJI Go4 will use that downloaded Google Map?

If so, that is a crazy good solution . . . . .

Trey in Houston

Wow, I've never seen this option in Google Maps before. So if I download the area I plan to fly in, then DJI Go4 will use that downloaded Google Map?
That used to work back when DJI GO used Google Maps. It now uses here maps.

And it still works using the Litchi app. It would be nice if one could use the map they desired too, but you know Apple and Google have never been the best of friends.

Reactions: treytexag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada