DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in sports mode close to the ground video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice action video but it looked really dangerous for the public. The roll at the 30 second mark was done in the video editor?

Nice action video but it looked really dangerous for the public. The roll at the 30 second mark was done in the video editor?

Thanks man but let me assure you I made sure no one was around. I had another looking out just in case. Been flying for years.

Yes that was done in post yes.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Love the vid brah. How often to you re-focus or how do you keep it in so focus? What's your secret brah?

Reactions: thecool32
Love the vid brah. How often to you re-focus or how do you keep it in so focus? What's your secret brah?

I have button set to center focus...there are times when I like the depth of field but I was flying in FPV mode using googles so everything has to be in focus.

I wouldn't risk my MP like that (those wires!). Not sure this is best image for the non-drone public either.

While I agree there is definitely the safety factor to apply here trust me I had guys at the end of the block and I made sure there was nobody around.

Sometimes you have to push your mavic in order to see what you can do.

While I would never in courage one to fly so close to the ground , it's actually good for practice. Absolute control is what I was trying to achieve here.

Reactions: jerryflah
While I agree there is definitely the safety factor to apply here trust me I had guys at the end of the block and I made sure there was nobody around.

Sometimes you have to push your mavic in order to see what you can do.

While I would never in courage one to fly so close to the ground , it's actually good for practice. Absolute control is what I was trying to achieve here.

Personally I do my "pushing" out at the golf driving range (which is under 3 feet of snow at present).

If you had made a mistake you could have damaged property (cars, etc.).

I don't want to sound judgemental but I just wouldn't do what you were doing.

Reactions: rightstuffed
Personally I do my "pushing" out at the golf driving range (which is under 3 feet of snow at present).

If you had made a mistake you could have damaged property (cars, etc.).

I don't want to sound judgemental but I just wouldn't do what you were doing.

"If you had made a mistake" is irrelevant because I didn't. I had safety covered. I had 4 people litterely. around while I was flying so that mistakes are less likely to happen.

I understand your concerns but again there's no law against flying that low to the ground.

If there is please let me know.

The idea is to fly and have fun doing it. Of course responsibly. 4 guys out looking out for pedestrians and cars on radio I think was adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike