DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Sweden...

I think some information will be presented at LFV and you can sign up for obtaining information from LFV both in Swedish and English.

Start

Also Kamera&Bild publish news about the use of drones in Sweden. However this information is only in Swedish.

Datainspektionen: Inga undantag för drönare

Fill us in. Specially on the subject, are we able to bring the MP in and fly before August.

I think some information will be presented at LFV and you can sign up for obtaining information from LFV both in Swedish and English.

Start

Also Kamera&Bild publish news about the use of drones in Sweden. However this information is only in Swedish.

Datainspektionen: Inga undantag för drönare

Thanks ErikDF - will check! If the law will apply on August 1st then the decisions should already have been made.

I do not think you can expect anyone from Sweden to say, Yes it is OK to fly since Datainspektionen consider any drone with a camera to be a surveillance camera and you have to have a permit to use a surveillance camera. Has this stoped people from flying, No. Swedish Television continues to use drones and if I am correct without a permit from Datainspectionen but with a permit from LFV for commersial use. I am not shure that everything will be clarified August 1, it might be at the end of this year. As stated above in this thread there is only one resent report about a person prosecuted for using a drone. He was flying very close to the parlament.

Hi there,
I am new here and new owner of a Mavic. Nice to be part of this community.

I actually researched this a bit before I hit the "buy" button...I took a chance that it will be changed very soon.

The law might (hopefully) be changed in August, see this proposition to the Riksdag in Sweden (sorry for link to Swedish document): https://data.riksdagen.se/fil/1C781280-ACFA-4371-BCE6-54E97A8C0C7B

If I understand it correctly it will be voted upon in June (20th): Ärende

Let's hope we have the Riksdag with us on this.

Hey guys, any updates after the Aug 1 datelines? This on the law restriction of course. Thanks.

For hobby flyers quadrocopters are not automatically a surveillance camera as it was before. I think we now have rules and restrictions similar to what you will see in other countries.

Last edited:
For hobby flyers quadrocopters are not automatically a surveillance camera as it was before. I think we now have rules and restrictions similar to what you will see in other contries.
Thanks for clearing things up Erik!

Does anyone have a copy of the current rules and regulations? I'm heading over to Stockholm in a few weeks and I would love to get some shots the scenery!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121