DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Wifi Mode with just the Phone

TommyGun

Reactions
So I ordered the Mavic Pro with the controller obviously because who wouldn't want that distance capability but, I tried using just the Wifi mode the other day, and I was pretty **** impressed.

For the average user who isn't going to need the superior flight distance of the ocusync, the phone only mode was pretty awesome and performed perfectly. This is one of the coolest features in my opinion about the Mavic so far.

I agree, I am very impressed with how well it worked and how convienient it was for taking a quick flight.

I too agree. Still prefer using the controller of course but my expectations were low for the wifi mode but pleasantly suprised

I have a question about wifi flying. I tried it out and I was blown away at how well it worked. However, forward flight is painfully slow. It rotates on the yaw axis very well, but I kept trying to make it go faster. Is it only going to fly at this snail's pace, or is there something I can do to speed it up a bit???

forward flight is painfully slow
The max flight speed is 9 MPH. You'll need to use the remote controller if you need to exceed that speed.

I had the same problem with the MP flying forward very very slow. I was in "Beginner Mode". The MP would fly backward and sideways at a good pace, but trying to fly forward with the wind blowing from the rear. The MP would move about 0.5 mph. with the throttle all the way forward.

Does the intelligent fly modes also work with the phone only? for example the trace, point of interest mode ?

I flew once (forgot my remote) and everything basically worked. Somebody should post a video on YouTube how to do this properly.
Anyway... I didn't like it. I suggest don't forget the RC like I did

Adventure is just bad planning

Reactions: sulan
Does the intelligent fly modes also work with the phone only? for example the trace, point of interest mode ?

I've tried active track but it seems that only the trace part is available. I really want to be able to use the profile mode but haven't found a way without the remote - if anyone here has please chime in!

via iPhone

I tried it yesterday first time using my Galaxy Tab S2 for control. Was surprised that I was able to manoever the Mavic very exact by using the virtual sticks.
This mode is perfect in cases you want to get the Mavic into air very quickly for just getting a quick overview of your location or tasking selfie pictures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000