DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying indoors on wifi

Tomcat

Reactions
I am trying to set up the Mavic to fly indoors and I have the switch set to wifi, I turn on the controller and it's stuck on "connecting".
When I go to my wifi settings on my iPhone 6S I get a "no internet connection"
What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 55
Pull the battery and there is a WiFi password next to the WiFi Mavic Name . Enter that password to connect.

Pull the battery and there is a WiFi password next to the WiFi Mavic Name . Enter that password to connect.

I got that password from the QR code on the back of the right arm and still no luck

I hope you have a spare tv and propellors too. lol JK be careful. Real careful. I though I was. :( :):):) Just a thing for you to think off. ;)

I hope you have a spare tv and propellors too. lol JK be careful. Real careful. I though I was. :( :):):) Just a thing for you to think off. ;)

I was planning on flying in a warehouse but I'll keep that in mind

If your connected and it says no internet connection, nothing is wrong. Just open the app. That's normal.

I can just warn you from flying indoors with WIFI connection!
First, the acurracy of virtual stick input is extremely bad compared to using the physical sticks of the remote.
Second, indoors is a high risk for frequency occupation by other WIFI networks, resulting in high latency both for control inputs and video downlink.

Due to the limited space available you will need best possible control over the copter to avoid crashing. WIFI is just good for outdoor useage, in case you want to use the Mavic as a selfie cam nearby.

I can just warn you from flying indoors with WIFI connection!
First, the acurracy of virtual stick input is extremely bad compared to using the physical sticks of the remote.
Second, indoors is a high risk for frequency occupation by other WIFI networks, resulting in high latency both for control inputs and video downlink.

Due to the limited space available you will need best possible control over the copter to avoid crashing. WIFI is just good for outdoor useage, in case you want to use the Mavic as a selfie cam nearby.

Thank you!!!

When did you purchase and receive your Mavic? I'm just wondering when DJI released a different version.
173234wt7koma33ztea7my.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98