DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic whilst navigating on a boat

Reactions
I have experienced this trouble and would like to know if someone can give me suggestions:
I took off in the middle of the sea from my boat and started to follow her at speed cruise of 25 knots in Sport mode. After around 6/7 minutes Mavic stopped and the message "max distance reached- RTH" appeared on the screen. Obviously I cancelled the RTH, but the Mavic wouldn't move any further, so I had to go back with the boat for some hundred meters and than managed to land.
My initial settings were "max distance 5.000 meters" , which corresponds to the distance I flew before Mavic stopped. I have tried again setting the pilot as home point, but the same thing happened.
Is there any way to overcome this problem? The "follow me" mode doesn't help as it doesn't work on Sport Mode.
Thanks
08cbc6abe30d1631684d2b3fe1a6b2a7.jpg

Reactions: Kman21 and zwheeloc
When you getting close to max flight distance go swipe right on your screen ((or dig through menus) and reset your home location to the aircrafts current position. I believe that will reset your distance to 5000 m from that point. You could test it first by setting a real low max distance then resetting your home point.

Thanks a lot Big Fil, I will try as soon as I go back on the boat and will let you know if it works. Guido

I'd suggest just turning off the "Distance Limit" in the Go4 app settings. Problem solved!

Haha yeah i forgot you could disable it outright. Disabled mine when I first got mine and since forgot about it. I must have confused it with max altitude which has a maximum and cant be disabled.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Thanks!! Feel a bit stupid, but I was under the impression that max distance was compulsory and couldn't be disabled [emoji30].

Thanks!! Feel a bit stupid, but I was under the impression that max distance was compulsory and couldn't be disabled [emoji30].
Also set your RTH to the controller not where you take off. Bet you had your RTH set to the take off point so when you took off in the boat your RTH point was back where you originally took off from.

I'll have to dig my boat out and give it a go thanks for the heads up.....C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent