DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Missions with Litchi: 90% of image out of focus

photoholic

Reactions
Hi guys

strange problem here:

Yesterday I flew my first mission with Litchi. 10 waypoints, 2 points of interest. Set the gimbal pitch to "Focus POI" for every waypoint.

As soon as the Mavic started the mission everything got out of focus. Not a little but completely. Well that's what I first thought... but when I examined the footage later I found out, that bottom right corner is sharp but everything else is blurry. What the....? Makes absolutely no sens from an optical point of view imho... My film-settings are 4K 24fps... perhaps is that the problem? The app (Android version) seems to work fine while not in mission-mode. Focus by taping on screen works.

Strange strange strange... already wrote Litchi support but thought I wanted to ask if anybody has the same problem here also...

Is there a general step by step guide I should follow? For example fly as close as possible to waypoint 1, focus by taping on screen an then starting mission etc...? Will try to find a workaround this weekend...

Any hints or feedback is appreciated.

Greetings from Switzerland

John

In my limited experience flying so far with Litchi with the Mavic, you are right, in WP mode there is definitely a bug which means that tap to focus etc doesn't seem to work. Not ideal but what I do is focus to infinity while in FPV mode, then switch to WP. Seems to stay in focus for the full mission, although I'm really not sure whether it's constantly refocusing itself or not. Can't see the tell tale focus shudder though....

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: photoholic
Litchi Support just wrote back:

"Hi, "Focus on POI" means that the aircraft/gimbal will keep the POI in the center of the video frame. It does not mean focus as in the camera's focus feature. You will need to tap anywhere on the video preview to have the camera focus at that location/distance. In most cases, you will want to have the camera focus at "infinite", which can be achieved by tapping on an object at a relatively far distance (30m+) at the beginning of the mission."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder