DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near MOD in the UK

Piers

Reactions
Hi - Any have experience of flying on or near Salisbury Plain in the UK. Checked on NATS Drone Assist and it appears that it is OK - but the MOD Police say that drone flying is not allowed? Any views?

I used to be a serving soldier on SPTA there is restricted flying in place due to a few airfields Boscome, Netheravon and Upavon there is also a lot of helicopter activity as well also artillery firing and I believe its restricted airspace up to 50k Ft AMSL

Range control at West down camp would be the right people to talk to as they run the airspace over SPTA

Hi Thank s for that - I was Assistant Instructor Mortars at Netheravon (many moons ago) and I am pretty aware of the problems on the north side of the plain (Netheravon, Upavon and around Boscombe, Larkhill) - I was flying in the area of Scratchbury and Middle Hill. I will speak to Range Control - Many many thanks!!

There is currently a blanket ban on the flying of any drone on all MOD property.
I instruct with the Cadets and we are only allowed to fly indoors! :-(

Hi - Thanks for that - I spoke to range control last month - they were very helpful and so long as I book at time and give exact details of flight area do not have a problem with flights up to 400 ft. It's the old adage - time spent in liaison is seldom wasted!

Hi - Thanks for that - I spoke to range control last month - they were very helpful and so long as I book at time and give exact details of flight area do not have a problem with flights up to 400 ft. It's the old adage - time spent in liaison is seldom wasted!
Hi Piers I was planing a 4x4 trip around SPTA and doing a spot of filming get the active track a go I’ve called range control and they just keep saying no no no was well gutted did you manage to get out there

You should be able to check if the danger areas are hot or cold on NOTAMs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots