DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying other drones with a dji controler

Reactions
Dear pilots,

Since the w8 for my mavic seems to take forever I'm already quite prepared for camera settings, color grading, etc ..
Inspired by a friend I would also dare to begin and build a custom fpv, a modest racer .. is there the possibility to control the custom build fpv with the mavic's controler? camera and goggles connection are a separate matter of course. But ...is it possible ??

No doubt you could modify it by opening and putting in alternative components but why not just get a suitable controller for the other RC things to start with.
The Mavic controller is even more dedicated than the Phantom and so compact that any mods are especially challenging.
Having said that the frequencies will be similar most likely.

Hmm well I don't want open up anything but I can Imagen there would be a reciever with a dji setup.. the software would be useless for the fpv but the controlls should be able to work..

At least I hoped so..

Dear pilots,

Since the w8 for my mavic seems to take forever I'm already quite prepared for camera settings, color grading, etc ..
Inspired by a friend I would also dare to begin and build a custom fpv, a modest racer .. is there the possibility to control the custom build fpv with the mavic's controler? camera and goggles connection are a separate matter of course. But ...is it possible ??

You have a w8 for your mavic? Wow, mine is only w7...

With this technology there isn't even a separate "control receiver" block, it's fully integrated within the video system.

Hmm ok, thank you for your replies, much appreciated!

A seperate controler it will be.

@ Erkme;
I ordered my Mavic somewhere in october. I wrote them that if they can't give me any short date they can cancel the order (to get me a P4P which is actually above my budget :-S) But I do want to get me some winter footage around xmas.. For the mavic rumours state that it might get delivered (in the Netherlands) somewhere in January.

Anyway, working on a cheap racer (hail to aliexpress) would get my mind of things...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada