DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying safe near high rises

toddw

Reactions
Any recommendations for flying this area? You can takeoff on the golf course but what settings would you use to setup for your pre flight? This is not my picture but the general area that I would like to fly.

15349602_720967171392701_3806721131487405617_n.jpg

Do research with Google Maps and B4UFLY before you plan to fly.

D0UBSJo.jpg

Identify risks, including legal, physical, and security staff who have no interest in what is legal but what their bosses tell them to discourage. This is all private property so make sure you have permission or you're going to have a bad time.

As for the flight itself, you're along the western coast so expect wind to pick up near morning and sunset, and the lighting will be strongest in the afternoon.

Reactions: toddw
Great thoughts on making an actual flight plan with google maps/B4UFLY Halley! I would also recommending making sure you set your RTH altitude appropriately.

@halley touched on it in his graphic, spying. WE know that the Mavic Pro has a wide angle lens and can't make out details inside hotel rooms or apartments from any kind of distance, but the residents don't. Someone sees a drone outside their window, even at a distance, and they jump to conclusions. It doesn't help that TV and movies exaggerate the ability of these spy devices we're flying around.Enjoy your trip, fly safe, and don't upset the natives.

also make sure you're not is RSW airspace. I'm in Naples and not as familiar with this site. good luck and fly safe!

Beware flying golf balls? Really? Can't make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke