DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying to ship at sea in windy weather

Sweet video may I ask how far away you were?

Here is a video I shot last weekend in Penzance Cornwall. I managed to get 1100m before the video feed started breaking up badly.

Hi

That's a good video, nothing better than chasing a boat at sea.
I think the boat must have been half mile away

Sweet video may I ask how far away you were?

Here is a video I shot last weekend in Penzance Cornwall. I managed to get 1100m before the video feed started breaking up badly.

Fantastic! I still remember throwing up off the side of the Scillonian III 30 years ago and it didn't feel that modern then! I'm amazed it's still going!

Hi

That's a good video, nothing better than chasing a boat at sea.
I think the boat must have been half mile away

Thank's it was my first boat chase, one of the most nerve racking things I've done.
Just knowing my Mavic was a mile out to see was enough to get my adrenaline pumping.
Then the video feed cuts out after 1100m... Try not to panic... Time to test this FCC mode.

Fantastic! I still remember throwing up off the side of the Scillonian III 30 years ago and it didn't feel that modern then! I'm amazed it's still going!

It's my first time visiting Cornwall and these shots were taken from a friends small fishing boat, another thing I had to learn was how to take off and land on a very small boat bobbing around at sea. Managed to launch two successful missions and my nerves were shot after that! Had fun and definitely requires more practice.

It's my first time visiting Cornwall and these shots were taken from a friends small fishing boat, another thing I had to learn was how to take off and land on a very small boat bobbing around at sea. Managed to launch two successful missions and my nerves were shot after that! Had fun and definitely requires more practice.

I've only had my Mavic a few weeks so I haven't even dared fly it over water yet.. I take my hat off to you! I grew up in Cornwall, still have family there, so really looking forward to taking it out down there next time I visit. Truly beautiful place to capture.. I just need to get more confident and more practice! I'm still at the shot nerves stage in big, wide areas :)

Reactions: Londonpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO