DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying two Mavics together

Sau

Reactions
I have been flying my Mavic for over a week without any issues at all. It’s just a rock solid performer.

Yesterday I was out flying with a friend who also owns a Mavic. When I had been flying for half a minute my friend turned on his controller and my Mavic started drifting sideways when hoovering. It was almost impossible to control it. I asked my friend to turn off his controller and I regained control and landed safely.

After landing I tried to change the controller’s channel in DJI GO 4 for iOS but it was not possible. It was just dimmed.

As the channel was set to auto I expected it to choose a free channel hence possible to fly more Mavics in the same area. My firmware was 1.02.

Please advice how to change channel.

I understood that the aircraft and controller had a handshaking protocol that was virtually bulletproof, ie no interference, so that's a strange occurrence. I was under the impression that a dozen (or a hundred) would fly together with no interference, so maybe the site gurus can help on this one?

I had my Mavic controller turned on, and my wireless keyboard was basically unusable. Turned it off and the keyboard was fine again.

Unrelated, I know - but perhaps the Ocusync is a bit more prone to interfering with other devices.

I have been flying my Mavic for over a week without any issues at all. It’s just a rock solid performer.

Yesterday I was out flying with a friend who also owns a Mavic. When I had been flying for half a minute my friend turned on his controller and my Mavic started drifting sideways when hoovering. It was almost impossible to control it. I asked my friend to turn off his controller and I regained control and landed safely.

After landing I tried to change the controller’s channel in DJI GO 4 for iOS but it was not possible. It was just dimmed.

As the channel was set to auto I expected it to choose a free channel hence possible to fly more Mavics in the same area. My firmware was 1.02.

Please advice how to change channel.

Not sure where you are but I believe that some regions lock out the other channels due to regulations. Am not with mine at the moment but from memory change your location in the settings of DJI GO to the US for example and then see if you are able to select the Manual option.

I understood that the aircraft and controller had a handshaking protocol that was virtually bulletproof, ie no interference, so that's a strange occurrence. I was under the impression that a dozen (or a hundred) would fly together with no interference, so maybe the site gurus can help on this one?
They do to the extent that no one can take over control but that cannot account for interference within the same frequency range, just the same with any RF based equipment. I think in this instance they were a little unlucky though. Also have to remember how powerful the transmitters must be to cover the range the Mavic can go. Yes I know the power is regulated by Country regulations but even so there is nothing else in this class that can transmit over such a distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji