DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with 12" iPad Pro

diablo243

Reactions
So new to the mavic and have watched all the videos and got all the options on settings and tweaks and whatnot. Was sitting in house and wanted to start configuring my settings. Currently I have a 7+ iPhone so screen is not tiny but let's be fair it's not a "screen". So for giggles I downloaded app to iPad Pro and used the external cable slot on control and wow what a difference that made!

So question is has anyone used like a tripod adapter to hold an iPad Pro and fly that way? Certainly not spite of the moment but if i was setting up shots and home based myself in one spot seems to me like it would be some serious screen real estate to have when trying to film something specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So new to the mavic and have watched all the videos and got all the options on settings and tweaks and whatnot. Was sitting in house and wanted to start configuring my settings. Currently I have a 7+ iPhone so screen is not tiny but let's be fair it's not a "screen". So for giggles I downloaded app to iPad Pro and used the external cable slot on control and wow what a difference that made!

So question is has anyone used like a tripod adapter to hold an iPad Pro and fly that way? Certainly not spite of the moment but if i was setting up shots and home based myself in one spot seems to me like it would be some serious screen real estate to have when trying to film something specific.

Doesn't sound like the most portable of solutions; but FPV racer guys use similar setups. We call them groundstations

I also have an ipad pro and have used it to fly my mavic.
I usually have the tablet on my lap on the keyboard stand and fly it that way.
its hard going back to a small screen like my 6s+....

It will fit in a MavMount but it would require a neck strap (I use one for my iPad Air2) to carry the weight. I use the Air2 and it works just fine. I thought about a Mini3 in the holder but then there is no sun shade, something we need here 8 months a year. I also have a tripod with iPad mount to use when I in in the GS PRO app fling a mission, use it with a 10' lightning cable and hood.

Reactions: RogueOne

Not on a tripod but he's the only other person showing a 12" Ipad pro on a Mavic controller (skip to 5:00):

I use the smaller iPad Pro, rest it against my body and hold it there with the palms of my hands and hold the controller above, easy enough with man paws.
Just want to get a right angel connector now.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS