DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with an iPad mini is great!

Is it that much better than android? I don't have disconnected problems just wondering how much better screen is. Is it any brighter?

Reactions: Jaysjob
Just got an IPad Mini 4 with cellular this week after issues with my Android devices. Got in 2 flights yesterday with my Mavic and it was fantastic. Could not believe how well it performed. No lag or disconnect. So clear. First time Apple anything as Im a long time Android user. Only thing was can not get the Go 4 app to sync the 2 flights on the Ipad.

My two Android devices:
Galaxy Note 4....OK on the Mavic but lags on the Phantom 3 Advanced.

Nvidia Shield... UGH. Its a mess now with disconnects running Nougat 7.0. Constant disconnects. Screen not that great either.

Only thing was can not get the Go 4 app to sync the 2 flights on the Ipad.

It will sync all of your flights just fine. You first need to synchronize the other devices with the DJI cloud. Then sync your IPAD to the cloud and you should see all flights.

That's a great deal. I got my mini4 wifi with 128gb for $300 from GameStop.com

I wasn't even aware that they sold refurbed iPads until a friend who is a VZ wireless store manager told me about it. I'm glad I talked to him.

That's a really good price on the 4!

Is it that much better than android? I don't have disconnected problems just wondering how much better screen is. Is it any brighter?

I love it! I may get a shield because it's SO shiny it's hard to see sometimes. But I think it's bright enough. It's awesome!

How do I get movies I have taken using the iPad mini to show on the iPad? I can view them thru the DJIgo4 app but then I need to have the mavic connected. Is there a cable I can hook up to my iPad and plug the Microsoft card from the mavic into and view them?

How do I get movies I have taken using the iPad mini to show on the iPad? I can view them thru the DJIgo4 app but then I need to have the mavic connected. Is there a cable I can hook up to my iPad and plug the Microsoft card from the mavic into and view them?

Connect to the Mavic, view the videos you want and there should be a banner/button in the middle bottom of the screen. Select that and download it to your iPad photos.

I'm either going to buy a mini 4 or an iphone 6s plus. I kinda want a tablet cause I use one with my phantom but then I kinda want to keep the small portable size, so I don't know which to choose, I would use my old tablet from my phantom but its android and androids have more problems with the go software. I might even consider the ipad pro 12.9 inch and then buy a tablet stand and just sit some where with it.. Hmm options,options, options. This is tough.

Hello guy's noob here so am looking at the iPad mini 4 on amazon and am in canada so everything is a little more $$ they range from 400 to 800 $$ what is the one I need for best performance

Hello guy's noob here so am looking at the iPad mini 4 on amazon and am in canada so everything is a little more $$ they range from 400 to 800 $$ what is the one I need for best performance

They all have the same performance, just different storage sizes. The 16GB one will work just fine, just not much space if you plan to import videos. Now regarding GPS, the non-cellular one doesn't have a GPS receiver. A GPS receiver is needed if you plan to use the "Follow Me" function where drone will follow the GPS coordinates of the device, or if you want to use RTC (return to controller) rather than RTH (Return to Home). If you want GPS, then get the Cellular version. You don't need to buy service or get a sim card. Just having the cellular version allow GPS because it includes the GPS receiver.

They all have the same performance, just different storage sizes. The 16GB one will work just fine, just not much space if you plan to import videos. Now regarding GPS, the non-cellular one doesn't have a GPS receiver. A GPS receiver is needed if you plan to use the "Follow Me" function where drone will follow the GPS coordinates of the device, or if you want to use RTC (return to controller) rather than RTH (Return to Home). If you want GPS, then get the Cellular version. You don't need to buy service or get a sim card. Just having the cellular version allow GPS because it includes the GPS receiver.
Thank you very much CyberNate for that help

Thank you very much CyberNate for that help

You are welcome! You'll love the Ipad Mini 4 for use with the Mavic. It is hands down the best device to use for reliable control and vivid screen. I still would recommend some sort of sun shade for it. The screen is great, but with direct sun any tablet is hard to see.

Nate, just curious as I have not tried it yet, but if I hotspotted my non cell mini 4 to my iphone, would that allow GPS and RTC functions?
I do know it works for livestreaming vids and getting map data.

Nate, just curious as I have not tried it yet, but if I hotspotted my non cell mini 4 to my iphone, would that allow GPS and RTC functions?
I do know it works for livestreaming vids and getting map data.
Unfortunately no. Gps data is not passed over hotspot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929