DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with an iPad mini is great!

You are welcome! You'll love the Ipad Mini 4 for use with the Mavic. It is hands down the best device to use for reliable control and vivid screen. I still would recommend some sort of sun shade for it. The screen is great, but with direct sun any tablet is hard to see.
CyberNate besides the screen size would the mini 2 do the same job as the 4 I like the idea of keeping everything compact

CyberNate besides the screen size would the mini 2 do the same job as the 4 I like the idea of keeping everything compact

The Ipad Mini 2 and Mini 4 have the same screen size at 7.9 inches. The only difference is that the Ipad Mini 4 is thinner, has a more powerful CPU/GPU, and has a slightly bettter screen with more anti-reflective coating. The Mini 2 will work just fine, but you need to be careful about having other apps running in the background.

Reactions: Jaysjob
The Ipad Mini 2 and Mini 4 have the same screen size at 7.9 inches. The only difference is that the Ipad Mini 4 is thinner, has a more powerful CPU/GPU, and has a slightly bettter screen with more anti-reflective coating. The Mini 2 will work just fine, but you need to be careful about having other apps running in the background.
Ok thanks Nate good to know

All good info Nate! [emoji106]

I got an I-pad 2 mini with cellular for $260 in very good condition and I think u guys are talking US so here in Aust its about the same as guy stated $218 for one off graigslist...I've still got my eye on an I-pad Air 2 that seems very cheap as I've already ordered extension to hold it+ adapter etc as for both was only $20 for 3d printed versions and I wanted to try some of my android tablets I already have. Also ordered the sunshades for 4.7-5.5 ph's aswell as the one for 7.9 I-pad mini. The I-pad mini2 is the 1st apple device for me in at least 5 yrs just coz I've heard so much about how great it is with mavic and even though my HTC 1 M7, Samsung 5, and especially my Redmi note 3 pro with the 3gb ram and the longest lasting battery I have ever had on a cell ph all work fine and never any problems on any, I did want the upgrade screen size and little improvement in screen from the 5.5 Redmi note 3 pro to the 7.9 I-pad mini, I just hope the less power of the I-pad mini2 doesn't ruin the experience i get from that ripper phone (Redmi note 3 pro highest level one with hexicore 1.8, but with apparent I think 800 snapdragon best processor to work with it and stays cool+the 3gb ram and 32gb rom along with sd extension of 256gb) hope doesn't lower my reliability or anything else for the upgrade in screen size. + little worried about only having 32gb version mini coming which only really leaves mid to high 20's of storage space and no extension sd cards in the Apple pads or ph's either.

Do you have a data plan for your IPads or do you pair internet connection with your phones for map data?

Sounds good!
I have iPad mini 4 without cellular, and an old iPad 2 with.

What will I miss if I use the 4 (i.e. no GPS and no Internet)? If I download offline maps, will it give accurate position for the Mavic on the map? I assume so. Will RTH work? I assume so, if the Mavic has set its launch position as the RTH.

I'm thinking the only thing that I won't be able to do is set RTH to the handset - is that right?

Thanks!

Connect to the Mavic, view the videos you want and there should be a banner/button in the middle bottom of the screen. Select that and download it to your iPad photos.

Found out the DJIGO4 app will not let u DL vids that are shot in 4K to the IPad. I had to change to 1080 for it to give me the option to DL.

Found out the DJIGO4 app will not let u DL vids that are shot in 4K to the IPad. I had to change to 1080 for it to give me the option to DL.

I did not know that. But you can pull the micro card from the Mavic, put it into the SD adapter and download the raw files to your computer.

Reactions: J Milender
b570587301c74bdf7ebe3649e90c62c5.jpg

I love my iPad Mini 4 since in fits nicely into the RC without an adapter. I just needed to locate a right angle lighting connector for a more natural grip. My iPhone 6Plus is there for size comparison.

I love the new mini 4 cellular I just bought. However the screen isn't as bright as my 7s. Any solutions other than a hood ?

I did not know that. But you can pull the micro card from the Mavic, put it into the SD adapter and download the raw files to your computer.
Thanks but i would like to do it on the fly when I am out and flying and using my ipad mini4, i would like to dl and then edit using Imovie and upload them to YouTube right away.

Thanks but i would like to do it on the fly when I am out and flying and using my ipad mini4, i would like to dl and then edit using Imovie and upload them to YouTube right away.

I understand. Not to put a too fine of point on this but you can do this all on the iPad mini in the the DJI Go app using the Editor. Clip, adjust, add sound or music. Save and send to YouTube. I use iMovie as well but for Mavic images this is way easier.

Reactions: frankiez
How do I get movies I have taken using the iPad mini to show on the iPad? I can view them thru the DJIgo4 app but then I need to have the mavic connected. Is there a cable I can hook up to my iPad and plug the Microsoft card from the mavic into and view them?
If you want just the cached version with the sound recorded then you can save the video to your camera roll, and then just AirDrop them to the other iPad, iPhone, or macs that support airdrop.

I don't bother downloading he full version from the mavic since it's recorded in 4K and I can't do that good of editing with 4K on the iPad anyway, so the 720P cache is good enough to show friends on the iPad.
For editing I take the MicroSD card out and just move the files over USB 3.0 with an SD to USB adapter, then I edit the files on the full computer.
Scott

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61