DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus Gradient

photoholic

Reactions
Oh no... I hate this... I already see myself puting back the Mavic to the box and sending it back to DJI...

The problem is the following (would be nice if others could check this:

If I film with 4K24 the footage on the lower right corner seems not in focus to me... but left corner with same distance is)... as if the sensor was not placed parallel to the lens.

Can anybody verify? Perhaps it's only with 4K... have to check lower resolutions. It doesn't occur in photos.

Here's the little test footage:

Argh...

Greetings and thanks for feedback

John

Attachments

• screenshot_footage.JPG
    screenshot_footage.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 42
There's no ramp-up in the defocusing, i.e. at 3/4 of the frame to the right things still seem to be pretty sharp.

Have you checked for any contamination around the lens border.?

MK

Reactions: Mr Tic tac
Tap to focus where you want it!!!! Tell me how it's going, otherwise, I hope you have the guarantee
you don't get it... if I tap the lower right screen the rest is unsharp ;)

thsi is a serious issue that has probably nothing to do with software but with optics...

okay I'm sure now... this is a hardware bug... will ask for replacement with DJI

We are all different, but I'd be tempted to keep it and enjoy it a bit longer, before you send it in. That problem you've got is very minor compared to some others I've seen. Having said that, obviously you want it to be 100% so the choice is yours.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: photoholic
Well most of us buy a drone to get photos or film footage right? So this is not a minor flaw for me but an absolute nogo.

Oh no... I hate this... I already see myself puting back the Mavic to the box and sending it back to DJI...

The problem is the following (would be nice if others could check this:

If I film with 4K24 the footage on the lower right corner seems not in focus to me... but left corner with same distance is)... as if the sensor was not placed parallel to the lens.

Can anybody verify? Perhaps it's only with 4K... have to check lower resolutions. It doesn't occur in photos.

Here's the little test footage:

Argh...

Greetings and thanks for feedback

John

Hello John

I believe I have the same issue with my Mavic, and I was wondering whether you resolved your issue or contacted DJI for support?

Regards

Bob

Hello John

I believe I have the same issue with my Mavic, and I was wondering whether you resolved your issue or contacted DJI for support?

Regards

Bob

I had the same issue and returned my Mavic. B&H Photo confirmed it was an issue and gave me a refund. I have a new Mavic now and can confirm the lower right out of focus issue does not exist on this one. I've had the new Mavic for two weeks and all my footage has been perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme