DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

focus peaking won't disply

highcrow

Reactions
Hello,
I sent my Mavic to DJI due to gimbal error, and today I received it. I set up all the setting like I used to, but I have a problem here.
When I click focus peaking, it use to show 60% 70% and 90%, but instead now it shows normal, medium, and high. No matter what I choose, it does not show focus peaking(the red display).
Has anyone had this problems?

Thank you.

Just let you guys know, before I sent my Mavic to DJI, the Peak focus was working very good, shows all red lines...

Are you sure your using DJI GO 4.0X ?

yes, I am using DJI Go4, and it's the latest version. I use iphone 6 plus, and I did not have any problems with this till I got my Mavic from DJI repair service. DJI replaced the gimbal control board for the repair. I don't know whether it has anything to do with the repair.... Delete and re download the app won't help. It still shows non, low, medium, and high instead of 60% 70% and 90%....no visible red lines.....what is going on here....

UPDATE: So I contacted DJI, and they said they changed some setting on the newest app version and it's normal that "peak focus threshold" displays low, normal, and high, which means no more 60%70%, and 90%. Choose "low" shows the clear red line edges for focusing, and works good. They also add camera option called "lock gimbal when capture". and I can not turn it off. I emailed them again whether it's normal or not. I also noticed that DJI change a few settings on DJI GO4 app like when tracking, and follow mode, you can now turn on/off option such as Mavic no longer stops when obstacles in front, but it will go side to avoid it, and keep moving forward. You also have an option that Mavic will fly backward when the target is approaching from front, etc. Neat!!!!!

Well my scenario is a bit different. I have no peak focus at all, no low med high or %. My lock gimbal, I can turn on and off. Got my MP yesterday, and using HTC M9.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using MavicPilots mobile app

Well my scenario is a bit different. I have no peak focus at all, no low med high or %. My lock gimbal, I can turn on and off. Got my MP yesterday, and using HTC M9.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using MavicPilots mobile app
The Focus Peaking option is there - DISABLE, LOW, NORMAL, HIGH... but yes you are right, the red outlining is NOT showing.
I am on the latest firmware and DJI GO 4.0.3 app using a Samsung S7 Edge.

The Focus Peaking option is there - DISABLE, LOW, NORMAL, HIGH... but yes you are right, the red outlining is NOT showing.
I am on the latest firmware and DJI GO 4.0.3 app using a Samsung S7 Edge.

Set to low, then you will see red lines.

Set to low, then you will see red lines.

I found the fix.. uninstall and reinstall GO APP 4.0.3
Thanks for your response..

Hello, I have the same problem. Peaking does not work wether I set it to low/normal or high.
I will try your fix.

I can confirm this feature still functions.

IOS v10.2.1 iPad mini
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.5

There must have been a change or small update in early February on the djigo4 app that reset this setting. I had figured out how to use it before I left on a trip. After a few flights, no more red lines.

Today I updated to the new 4.0.5 and changed the "peak focus threshold" to LOW. Now I get the red lines in manual focus mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa